Booked a tour, showing on CC statement as "room only reservation"??

boscoast

Earning My Ears
I booked the Wild Africa Trek yesterday, and was told I don't get an email or any confirmation and it doesn't show in My Disney Experience. (....weird, but whatever)

I looked at my credit card today to figure out who owes me what for the tour, and it shows as "WDW ROOM ONLY RES". I obviously can call Disney, but after already spending 30-45 minutes on the phone twice while planning then booking this tour I would love to not call back and figured I'd check here first.

Has anyone booked a tour and had their CC show as room only res? Thoughts? I have absolutely nothing documenting the date and time I booked for, I do have a confirmation number but nothing else to show me that it was the specific date/time/names/etc.

I've booked three separate tours over the last few months and it just says Disney Resorts, the price and the exchange rate. No qualification as to what it's for. FWIW, I've never had a confirmation for any of the tours, including WAT. I was just given instructions for where to show up and at what time and they had my name on a list. Always freaks me out a bit but it's never been a problem. If the total amount is what you paid, and there's nothing else you're expecting to be charged especially in relation to a room, then it's probably the tour.

Interesting - this is how it shows up on my pending transactions list:

DateDescriptionAmount
Jul 11, 2019WDW ROOM ONLY RES

It's NOT the amount I was anticipating which is part of my confusion. I was quoted $170.10 per person for a mid day tour with my Disney Visa, and I honestly don't know if that number includes tax but I assumed it doesn't.

The amount I was charged is actually LESS than $170.10 x 7 people. I guess I will call them today and say " I just wanted to confirm the total before I tell members of my party what they owe me" since I don't want to draw extra attention to the mistake if we were undercharged for some reason...

I booked a dining experience last night (The Highway in the Sky Dine Around) and my credit card statement shows the same thing - WDW Room Only Res

I booked two tours and they just said Disney resort for the charge. They also told me nothing would show up in MDE but both tours actually do. When I look on a computer it shows all the details and guests and on my phone it’s less detailed but still there.

Since the amount doesn’t match what it’s supposed to I would call

Just wanted to echo tours not getting an email or showing up on MDE is normal. They have recently been changing things so some tours and similar bookings do show up, but it’s not universal.

When I book tours, it usually shows up as Disney Resorts for the charge. I booked something today and it was Walt Disney World Co. I usually don’t pay much attention to the entity name, just the amount. :-)

It does not have to show up as a statement transaction but you should at least wait until it shows up as a current transaction.

Don't figure out how to share the charge with your other party members while it is showing as a pending transaction,

Has anyone booked a tour and had their CC show as room only res? Thoughts? I have absolutely nothing documenting the date and time I booked for, I do have a confirmation number but nothing else to show me that it was the specific date/time/names/etc.

I booked the KTTK tour for my upcoming trip and it just said Disney Resorts - WDW. The price was correct for the tour with the Disney Visa discount.

Last edited:
They also told me nothing would show up in MDE but both tours actually do.

I booked Highway in the Sky Dining, Savor the Savannah, and the MK VIP Food Tour; initially only the Highway in the Sky Dining showed up in MDE but I just checked and now all three do. I wonder if they're starting to finally attach special tours to MDE. Which would be great since we're starting to do far more of these than ever before especially as they start to add more.

I booked Highway in the Sky Dining, Savor the Savannah, and the MK VIP Food Tour; initially only the Highway in the Sky Dining showed up in MDE but I just checked and now all three do. I wonder if they're starting to finally attach special tours to MDE. Which would be great since we're starting to do far more of these than ever before especially as they start to add more.
It’s definitely new, especially when both cast members told me it wouldn’t show up. I’ve booked a tour before and it didn’t show up that was a little over a year ago. It makes sense for it to show up there since so much at Disney requires planning it helps seeing it all organized

My Up Close With Rhinos Tour for Saturday doesn’t show up in my MDE, but I did get an info email reminder from tours at AK a couple of days ago! I cannot remember what it showed up as on my bank statement since I booked at my 180+ booking date back in January.

My Candlelight Processional Res showed as Room Only originally. The final charge shows as Disney Resorts WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter