Book recommended??

goofygal531

Always planning...
Anyone remember the book they recommended - something like "how to plan a disney vacation and not stress about it"?? Someone sent it to them and they promised to read it...

I can't remember the exact title?

Hey Mare, :wave2: So I see you leave the GF boards every now and then too....

I think this is a great book, my friend who has NEVER been to WDW and is taking her kids for the first time is reading it. She got overwhelmed by the DIS :rotfl:

I told her to take one of my happy pills and let me help but she doesn't trust me..... :confused3

Yeah, I venture out sometimes :rotfl2:

A friend of mine just booked her third WDW vacation and is stressing over the fact that she knows she's going to start stressing over planning the vacation. :rotfl:

I plan on picking up a copy of the book for her.

I picked up the other book Kevin recommended. The Complete Guide to Disney World 2008 by Julie Neal and it is really pretty good. Lots of stuff I know, but she got alot of fun facts and stuff I didn't know in there. It's a fun read and something to pass the time with between trips.

Hello! Has anybody read the both that book and the Unofficial Guide? I've only read the UG (which I think is great - but stressful reading) and wondering if maybe I should check out the other since I am already a bit neurotic and having read the UG I find myself worrying about EVERYTHING. :scared:

I just read the UOGforK, it's the cliff notes version of the "big book". And it didn't do anything for me. I actually didn't like it. :headache:

I'm not the type to count how many people are in front of us and in back of us on line to know how many times we can ride Dumbo!:rotfl2:

I also didn't like that they suggested you have your child wear shoe lifts if they don't meet the height requirement. As a mom, I follow the rules when it comes to my children's safety. If my DS4 does not make the height requirement, he's not riding - end of story. That turned me off the book completely.

I'd try the other two books suggested above.
Mare

I have (in the order that I :love: them and/or find useful)...

Planning
Passporter (If you have to get one...get this one)
Unofficial Guide (If you can get two...get this one too!)

Background Info
Imagineering Guides (MK, Epcot, AK...and waiting for DHS)
The Complete Walt Disney World (I know some consider this a planning guide..but I think it is lacking planning info. I do love the extra info and the gorgeous photos though!)

Kids' WDW Books
Guide to the Magic for Kids (absolute gem of a book of all things WDW for kids, lots of extras, journal pages and dd (6.5yo loves it!)
Birnbaums For Kids, by Kids (really thin coverage of WDW, about 1/3-1/2 of attractions covered, nothing extra for kids...The only book on this list that I think was a thorough waste of my money.)

Extra fun stuff for WDW
Hidden Mickey's / The Lost Journals (I love both equally. They are great for "things to do in line" activities.)

I have (in the order that I :love: them and/or find useful)...

Planning
Passporter (If you have to get one...get this one)
Unofficial Guide (If you can get two...get this one too!)

Background Info
Imagineering Guides (MK, Epcot, AK...and waiting for DHS)
The Complete Walt Disney World (I know some consider this a planning guide..but I think it is lacking planning info. I do love the extra info and the gorgeous photos though!)

Kids' WDW Books
Guide to the Magic for Kids (absolute gem of a book of all things WDW for kids, lots of extras, journal pages and dd (6.5yo loves it!)

Thanks!:thumbsup2
Birnbaums For Kids, by Kids (really thin coverage of WDW, about 1/3-1/2 of attractions covered, nothing extra for kids...The only book on this list that I think was a thorough waste of my money.)

Extra fun stuff for WDW
Hidden Mickey's / The Lost Journals (I love both equally. They are great for "things to do in line" activities.)

Thanks - I have not looked into anything other than UOG - time for a trip to Borders!:thumbsup2

Another great WDW history book is Since the World Began: Walt Disney World: The First 25 years.by Jeff Kurtti

Hello! Has anybody read the both that book and the Unofficial Guide? I've only read the UG (which I think is great - but stressful reading) and wondering if maybe I should check out the other since I am already a bit neurotic and having read the UG I find myself worrying about EVERYTHING. :scared:
IMHO The Complete Guide is not a trip planning book in the same guise as UG.
For detail the Complete guide is a joy with fantastic photographs. There is about 3 pages on Tower of terror alone.
I've just finished the UG that I got as a present and will be putting the new edition at the top of the list for next years trip :thumbsup2

IMHO The Complete Guide is not a trip planning book in the same guise as UG.
For detail the Complete guide is a joy with fantastic photographs. There is about 3 pages on Tower of terror alone.
I've just finished the UG that I got as a present and will be putting the new edition at the top of the list for next years trip :thumbsup2

You make an interesting point - I think I may be ready to read something with more detail now that I have plowed throught the UG twice. Thanks for the info. on CG.;)

If your interested in a book that pays attention to the details, and the intricacies of what into the parks I will suggest once again Since the World Began: Walt Disney World: The First 25 years.by Jeff Kurtti It's a pretty good read, and gives you alot of insight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter