Book before free dining is offered?

TARAMEOW

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering those people going in the fall do you book your trip before the discounts come out? How about ADR? Will you cancel if there is no free dining? Not sure what to do:confused3

If my trip depended on free dining, I probably wouldn't book until it came out, but since we're going in September regardless, we're already booked. You could go ahead and make dining reservations at 180 days, and cancel them if you decide not to go. :)

If you are going anyway, whether there is free dining or not, go ahead and book.

If you're not going unless there is free dining, there's no reason to book until free dining is announced. Free dining is intended to fill empty rooms; if the rooms are already full enough they won't offer free dining for that resort or category.

You can make ADRS at 180 days whether you have a resort reservation or not.

I booked because we are going whether there is free dining or not. I will make ADR regardless and if I end up feeling like that it is too much OOP I will cancel ADR as I see fit.

We are booked for the 1st week in December with the hopes of free dining. We are going regardless of free dining but really hope that some sort of special comes out.

Yeah I guess it makes sense to wait then. I wanted to stay at AOA but I think my dates are sold out now anyway. Free dining probably won't be offered for this resort. But any Disney is better then no Disney so I will stay anywhere!! :cool1:

We decided to book. Making our ADR's at 180 days for our entire trip was important to me as we plan on doing the DDP regardless if it is free or not. Even if free dining is not offered I have faith that they are not going to have no discount at all when crowd levels are a predicted "1" or "2" when they offered at least a room discount when the predicted crowds are "10":thumbsup2 Anywhoo we are going regardless. Many of the discounts work out to be around the same dollar amount anyways so I am just budgeting by that.....

We are going 11/21/13-12/1/13. I included the first two days in hopes of free dining so I could carry it throughout my trip. We are going any way; it is just that free dining will reduce my bill by $2200.00. I also went ahead and booked so we could get out desired restaurants.

Yeah I guess it makes sense to wait then. I wanted to stay at AOA but I think my dates are sold out now anyway. Free dining probably won't be offered for this resort. But any Disney is better then no Disney so I will stay anywhere!! :cool1:

Discounts at AOA are likely for the suites, but NOT the Little Mermaid rooms. If you want the Little Mermaid room whether there is a discount or not, book it as soon as you can. There aren't many of them and they go quickly - this the reason there are no discounts, they're not needed to fill those rooms. If you won't go without a discount, you'd likely be staying somewhere else anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter