• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Book ahead" special w/ travel agent?

jackskellingtonsgirl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone booked the '07 deal and requested that credit be given to their TA? I called our AAA agent yesterday, and she isn't sure she can get credit for the ressie. Her info said IF we had booked our December trip through her she would automatically get credit for the August "book ahead". But I booked a room only for December with a AAA rate thinking I would switch it out to an AP rate. The CM I spoke to at Disney couldn't find any info about TA's getting credit at all.

Has anyone who booked their own Nov. ressie been able to give their TA credit for the book ahead package? :confused3

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
Has anyone booked the '07 deal and requested that credit be given to their TA? I called our AAA agent yesterday, and she isn't sure she can get credit for the ressie. Her info said IF we had booked our December trip through her she would automatically get credit for the August "book ahead". But I booked a room only for December with a AAA rate thinking I would switch it out to an AP rate. The CM I spoke to at Disney couldn't find any info about TA's getting credit at all.

Has anyone who booked their own Nov. ressie been able to give their TA credit for the book ahead package? :confused3

It can definetly be done. I have spoken do the marketing department (for the TAs) and it can be transferred just like any other reservation

I just found the official notice which states;
Disney reservation agents will ask guests if they want the new booking assigned to their TA. If the Client agrees, the agency number will be assigned.

Great! Thanks for the info! I was feeling horribly guilty for booking the room only on my own! But like I said, I planned to switch the December room over to an AP rate so I didn't want to have it booked through AAA. Our Feb. ressie is booked room only with an AP rate, but we always book packages through our AAA agent so I want her to get credit for the "book ahead". :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter