bonus Mickey Money!

jseargent

Mouseketeer
Since January 1, 2011 DH and I have had a pact that on Sunday night we will take any $1 bills out of his wallet/my purse and stash them in an old bank bag that I have. I just counted and we have $796 of bonus Mickey Money!! The branch is already groaning knowing I'm going to show up with 100 pounds of coin for them to run...the look on their faces when they get to count the ones in addition...priceless!! (Yes, I work at the bank and they are well aware of my Mickey addiction!) evil laugh!!!! :rolleyes1

It adds up fast, doesn't it? I put any bills I forget in my pocket or run through the washer (laundered money! :rotfl2:) and spare change. I don't use a lot of cash but I still cashed in $220 on Saturday....that's a lot of drinks on my cruise next week!

Jill in CO

Since January 1, 2011 DH and I have had a pact that on Sunday night we will take any $1 bills out of his wallet/my purse and stash them in an old bank bag that I have. I just counted and we have $796 of bonus Mickey Money!! The branch is already groaning knowing I'm going to show up with 100 pounds of coin for them to run...the look on their faces when they get to count the ones in addition...priceless!! (Yes, I work at the bank and they are well aware of my Mickey addiction!) evil laugh!!!! :rolleyes1
:cool1: Wanted to say great job and a wonderful idea.

That's a lot to save up. DH always leaves his loose change and bills on the top banister, he uses it at work for the pop machine but it drives me crazy that he empties his pockets there. So I always take the money and put it in the travel jar.

That is an awesome amount to save!

We have 2 jars sitting on our kitchen counter. One is labeled -- Feed the Hungry --- and we put pennies, nickels and dimes in that one. When it is full we take it into church and get a new bottle. The other one hold quarters that are designated for Disney. My hubby knows that any spare change lying anywhere in the house goes into the jars. I always say to him, "Thanks for the donation!"

we have a " penny house " which is a clear bank shaped like a house that the kids ever since they were small would put pennies in for fudge when we go on our annual trip to the shore.We usually end up with about $11 enough for a pound. And we have a change jar that gets whatever change anyone puts in and it will go towards a family trip when we next take one. Be it camping, or whatever.

Love this idea! We already have a change jar that we cash in before each trip. Last time we has $680! But dollar bills will add up faster... :cool1:

What a great idea! I was trying to think of new ways to go about saving for our next trip and this will definitely be one of them! Thanks for the idea :)

I'm sitting looking at my change jar right now. I used to use a big gallon glass jar but it broke. :sad1: so my DD bought me a pretty vase at the dollar store that I use now. It doesn't hold as much though. I haven't emptied it in awhile though so I had to start and new one. Like I said, it doesnt hold that much but I should have a little over $100 for our WDW trip in Dec. That will pay for 'Ohana! :cheer2:

When we got back from Disney last week, we made a "bank" out of an empty coffee container. We super glued the lid on and cut a small slot in the top. Only money can go in and nothing can be pulled out. I've been holding all of my dollar bills from any change that I may get and they go in there along with any coins. I can't wait to see how much will be in there when it's full! I'm so excited!

we don't use cash for anything so this wouldn't work for us, but i do take $50 out of hubby's paycheck everyweek and automatically have it deposited into a seperate savings account that usually ends up paying for a little over half of our Disney vacation

It's amazing how fast it adds up, I have fallen off the bill bandwagon and only save change now. I need to get back in gear on saving $1, I was always amazed at how much you could accumulate and never really miss the money.

These are all great ideas. I am known door never having cash and when i do shoving it in every pocket and i have a small stash in the laundry room. I usually wait for a discount and pay part of our trip with our Disney visa reward dollars (see why i don't have cash) if you all don't mind i think i am going to steal some of your ideas!

We were always known for never having cash either, we recently started watching our spending REALLY close and now we carry cash. We've noticed that if we have the cash we pay more attention to our spending. Just swiping the debit card is so easy and you don't pay attention to how much you actually spend. When you have the money in your hand, its amazing how close you watch what you're buying.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter