Bonnet Creek vs. Windsor Hills

EMHDad

DIS Veteran
I have 6 weeks of planning before setting everything into stone for our big summer Disney trip.

I really like the info on Windsor Hills, and the quotes I am getting are great. ($1000-$1100 for 3br/3bth & splash pool townhomes for 8 nights).

However, a lot of people LOVE Bonnet Creek on here. I have yet to find comparable prices, even through the private rental sites that have been listed.

So here's my question...

Which do you like more? Bonnet Creek or Windsor Hills?
Why? What did you base your answer off of? Thank you :)

I would love to know also. We've stayed at Bonnet Creek before (last year) and LOVED IT but we are always looking to change our vacation slightly from the last time just to mix it up. The idea of the private pools at Windsor Hills is appealing.

I dont know the pricing at Windsor, but we just got a 4 bedroom presedential at Bonnet for $1300 for a week

I dont know the pricing at Windsor, but we just got a 4 bedroom presedential at Bonnet for $1300 for a week

Is that a condo or home? Does it have a private pool?

Also, which is closer to Dis? Bonnet Creek or WH? Or is it negligible?

Is that a condo or home? Does it have a private pool?

Also, which is closer to Dis? Bonnet Creek or WH? Or is it negligible?
The unit referred to is one of the Wyndham timeshare units at Bonnet Creek. The 4 BR Presidential is an unbelievably gorgeous 4 BR, 4 Bath palace.

All of the buildings at Bonnet Creek are high-rise towers of varying heights, so there are no private pools. There are, however, six fairly large pools -- two with lazy rivers, two with waterslides, five with zero entry for little folks, etc. There's also free minigolf and lots of activities for the kids in addition to the pools.

Bonnet Creek is right in the middle of things, actually "within the gates" and surrounded on three sides by Disney property. I can be parked at any theme park or DTD in less than 15 minutes from Bonnet Creek.

ETA: Bonnet Creek also provides free bus transportation to all of the WDW parks and DTD...important if you're not renting a car, and saves you $14-$15 per day Disney parking fees. If you have a car, parking at WBC is also free and convenient.

WH is a little further away, but still fairly conveniently located. Haven't stayed there, but I've heard very positive things about it.

If I were making the choice, I'd go by what kind of lodging you want and what you want with it.

If you want to be right smack in the middle of everything (WBC is closer to the parks than several DISNEY resorts), in a beautiful, large resort (1400 rooms, counting the six timeshare towers and the hotel), with LOTS of amenities, activities, and people -- Bonnet Creek. Lots to do, and you'll certainly never be lonely.

If you want a quieter option, but still convenient, WH or one of the other condo type communities might be a better option.

WBC is certainly not the only timeshare option and WH is certainly not the only condo/home option -- there are many, many great places to stay.

We've stayed in a townhouse at Windsor Hills and at Bonnet Creek and prefer Bonnet Creek. The townhouse was very nice and it was convenient to have the splash pool in the back, but we prefer more of a resort feel when we are on vacation. Windsor Hills has a housing development feel to me. I know plenty of people love Windsor Hills, and it is a nice place, but I just prefer Bonnet Creek. Bonnet Creek also has a good selection of pools and places to get Starbucks coffee in the morning (a plus for my DH) and is a little more convenient to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter