Bonnet Creek Resort--timeshare presentation--Updated 6/20/09

sammyo

Earning My Ears
Was wondering if anyone has done the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare presentation recently and what the "gift" was for taking the time to listen? We are staying at Bonnet Creek in two weeks and thinking about doing the presentation, with no intent to buy a timeshare.

Thanks.

Just wanted to update my original post---my wife and I just returned from a seven night stay at Bonnet Creek---had a great time, very nice place. This is our first off-site stay in approximately 10 visits to Orlando/WDW. But, this time we didn't visit WDW, except for Downtown Disney and Marketplace.

Anyway---I convinced my wife to do the timeshare presentation for a $75 debit card. Speaking to the rep. on the phone I asked how long it would take and they said around an hour. We checked in at 11:15 and were greeted by our salesperson within a few minutes of that time. Right off I told him we needed to be finished by 12:30 and that we were not going to buy anything. He tried to impress me with some numbers and facts, but being a good Diser I threw a lot back at him. At 11:30 we entered a room and another rep. did a 50 minute presentation, which took us up to 12:20. It was obvious that there was at least one sales plant in the room and maybe two---sort of reminded me of a 30 minute infommercial with a paid "audience". So we exit the room and the rep. leads us down a hall and I told him he had 10 minutes---he rather rudely said it would take long than that, I told him it wouldn't, he again said it would and kept walking straight down the hall---at that point I told him I was going to the desk. I went to the desk, picked up my $75 card and left. Maybe it was wrong of me to take his time, but I told him upfront that we were not buying and he could cut us loose at any time. So that was my experience.

I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. Wyndham's sales staff have gotten more and more aggressive over the past several years---to the point where they might be able to give Westgate a run for their money.

If for some reason you do go, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT ANY PRICE. I'm a Wyndham owner, and I love the resorts, but Wyndham is available resale for a dime or two on the dollar---and that's the only way to buy it.

I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. Wyndham's sales staff have gotten more and more aggressive over the past several years---to the point where they might be able to give Westgate a run for their money.

If for some reason you do go, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT ANY PRICE. I'm a Wyndham owner, and I love the resorts, but Wyndham is available resale for a dime or two on the dollar---and that's the only way to buy it.

No, Brian, don't hold back! :lmao: Tell us what you really think. :rotfl2:

I know too many people who went to a presentation "not planning to buy anything" and did anyway---and then didn't talk to anyone else about it until the rescission period had passed.

Those sales weasels are pros. They spend every day all day getting people who plan to say no to say "yes" instead. You might be better at saying no than they were, but you might not be, and I wouldn't want any of my DIS friends to learn that they are not better the hard way!

Was wondering if anyone has done the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare presentation recently and what the "gift" was for taking the time to listen? We are staying at Bonnet Creek in two weeks and thinking about doing the presentation, with no intent to buy a timeshare.

Thanks.

I'm still curious...anyone know what the offer is to sit through the pitch? I feel pretty good about my abilities to say "no"...just ask my kids!

We listened to a presentation for a time share many, many years ago. Our compensation was some disney money and a big stuffed Minnie mouse. It was definetly not worth it!!! :headache: The pressure was intense and I was in tears because they wouldn't take no for an answer. We've done many before in other locations and this was by far the worst. Never will do one again in Orlando.

Last time I went (about a year ago), it was 100 Disney $. It may be less now as Wyndham is scaling back.

Do not got to the time share presentation!!!
They won't give up and they will tag team you!

I'm still curious...anyone know what the offer is to sit through the pitch? I feel pretty good about my abilities to say "no"...just ask my kids!

Back in August 2008, we received $70 worth of gift cards for Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Longhorn, Bahama Breeze). We were able to say "no" and were done in a little over a half hour.

So what happens if they say the presentation will last 1 hours and after that hour you still say no then get up to leave. If they are still bugging you to buy and your still saying no and leave are you still entitled to your gift? I mean they did say it should only last x amount of time and you did stay for the required time.

We just got back and asked what we would get if we sat through it. A measly 100 bucks so I stayed by the pool relaxing with my drink instead.

So what happens if they say the presentation will last 1 hours and after that hour you still say no then get up to leave. If they are still bugging you to buy and your still saying no and leave are you still entitled to your gift? I mean they did say it should only last x amount of time and you did stay for the required time.

From what I have read, they try to wear you down in many ways. If there is a meal involved, that is not included in the time allowed. Supposedly travel time is not included either.

You can insist on leaving at the 90 minute mark, or what ever time they say the presentation will be. They do have to give you the gifts they promised.

However depending on the company, the whole experience can be real traumatic. Others have said that the Westgate company is really bad about harassing you to buy their timeshare.

However depending on the company, the whole experience can be real traumatic. Others have said that the Westgate company is really bad about harassing you to buy their timeshare.

Westgate once told us, that we were not really the calibre of people they were looking for in their owners, so it was just as well we didn't purchase.

My reply was, no offense taken, as we generally stay in better resorts with higher class people.

It was a brutal ending to get those 2 2 day passes to Univeral for $20. Good news was they goofed and gave me 4.

We went this past March and it was $100. but that said they put us in an awful mood for the rest of the day. I didn't like the pressure or how manipulative they were. Ugh!!! Icky icky feeling!! Plus they lied over and over about things that I knew was not true b/c I had done lots of research before I went! We stayed 45 min. got our disney $$ and left. I wouldn't spend the time again on it. If you are considering- buy resale!

One strategy, won't work in other countries is to buy quick. Act surprised that everyone doesn't purchase. Stop by the post office on your way back to your hotel/park to mail the certified rescission letter. The time spent at the post office is less then the time you'd otherwise spend finishing the presentation.

If you do this, follow the recission instructions to the letter. Not doing so could be a very costly mistake.

we did one before and I would NEVER do this again!! They were very mean and would NOT take no for a answer! I told them I was leaving when our time was up...they didnt know what they were getting into when they thought they were going to send in a mang to convince us lol I know how to say no, they even tried to tell my dh that it is illegal for them to allow us to think about it lol I went to real estate school and had to cover time share...they tried to get a little threating to us but my dh is a cop and told them they better lay off!!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter