Bonnet Creek pretty expensive?

jeast

DIS Veteran
I recently priced a week at BC after hearing such great reviews. It is about double the price of a similarly decorated/sized condo at Windsor Hills for the same time period.

What makes it worth almost double the price?

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps the activities, location, pool, view of fireworks, etc.? I'd like to know also.

What price were you getting? Reason I'm asking is because you can get a 2 bedroom there for about $120 a night including all taxes. A lot of people rent through www.vacationupgrades.com. (Just in case you were still considering it.)

It is a beautiful resort that is right next door to the Caribbean Beach Resort. So you are basically "onsite", but it is not owned by Disney. I think that is one of the main positives for a lot of people. You cannot rent that much space "onsite" for the price you can at Bonnet Creek. (But it is not technically an "onsite" hotel since Disney doesn't own it.)

One of the "draws" for us is the beautiful pool areas. They have several pools which include 2 pool bar areas, a spray fountain area for little ones along with 2 lazy rivers. I guess it has a very tropical feel that we like.

They also have activities for the kids along with free mini-golf.

Hope this helps!

Several things. There is less risk with renting at BC, you could rent at WH and then the house go in to foreclosure or the owner walk with the money or rent to two people. Wyndham is a big company so your risk are lower. Also cancellation policy. You may be able to cancel your BC reservation up to a few days before arrival with little if any cancellation fees, you won't get that from a private owner of a home or condo.

Several things. There is less risk with renting at BC, you could rent at WH and then the house go in to foreclosure or the owner walk with the money or rent to two people. Wyndham is a big company so your risk are lower. Also cancellation policy. You may be able to cancel your BC reservation up to a few days before arrival with little if any cancellation fees, you won't get that from a private owner of a home or condo.

You run these same risks if you rent from a private owner at BC (which is how most people rent). BC is a 100% privately owned timeshare units. All that the developer owns are the ones not yet sold or those that have been repoed.

I'm not sure the price differential is that high. But, I suspect that a big part of any difference is the same reason why Windsor Hills commands a premium compared to the nearly identical Windsor Palms---location.

We used to stay at Windsor Hills, but bought a resale Wyndham deed to be able to stay at Bonnet Creek, partly for this reason, even though our bottom-line cost is a little higher at BC. We also like the more "resort feel," but that can go either way I think.

12/11/10-12/18/10 7 nights low season comparison:

Bonnet Creek: Basic quote for 2 BR standard rate $1503/ AAA rate $1300ish

Windsor Hills: floridasunvacations.com 610.62 including tax and cleaning. Three bedroom-mid level. There are some $10 more expensive per night and some $10 less expensive.

BIG DIFFERENCE. I don't get it. Windsor Hills is right outside of Disney. Super close, although not as close as bonnet creek. It doesn't have the luxurious double pools and lazy river, but that's about it as far as I can tell. Are the pools really worth $900/wk?

Not dissing BC, just curious if I'm missing something.

Also, several reputable management companies rent out of WH, so that risk of foreclosure is not an issue.

12/11/10-12/18/10 7 nights low season comparison:

Bonnet Creek: Basic quote for 2 BR standard rate $1503/ AAA rate $1300ish

Windsor Hills: floridasunvacations.com 610.62 including tax and cleaning. Three bedroom-mid level. There are some $10 more expensive per night and some $10 less expensive.

BIG DIFFERENCE. I don't get it. Windsor Hills is right outside of Disney. Super close, although not as close as bonnet creek. It doesn't have the luxurious double pools and lazy river, but that's about it as far as I can tell. Are the pools really worth $900/wk?

Not dissing BC, just curious if I'm missing something.

Also, several reputable management companies rent out of WH, so that risk of foreclosure is not an issue.

Your prices are not accurate for what the vast majority of us pay. We pay $120/night for a 2 bed/2 bath and just spent $205/night for the luxurious 4 bed/4bath Presidential Suite at BC. No tax or other fees. I much prefer the resort atmosphere and the location is "on-site". :goodvibes

Okay, I get it, now. I got my quote directly from Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

I used to stay at the disney deluxe villas by renting points from DVC members and spend $800 for a studio rather than the $2000 if booked through Disney. I'm assuming that there are private time share rentals that most folks use that save tons of money over 'rack rate'.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Okay, I get it, now. I got my quote directly from Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

I used to stay at the disney deluxe villas by renting points from DVC members and spend $800 for a studio rather than the $2000 if booked through Disney. I'm assuming that there are private time share rentals that most folks use that save tons of money over 'rack rate'.

Thanks for clearing that up.

This is what I thought you were doing, looking directly through Wyndham, which prompted my reply.

Sometimes it takes me a while to catch up :rotfl2:

Are there any good websites with private BC timeshare rentals?

Thanks!

vacationupgrades.com, Ken Price, we rented through his, as had several other people. Email him though, his prices are better 60 days out, then they are on his site even!

I have stayed at Bonnet Creek numerous times by buying reservations on Ebay and never paid more than $100 a night for a 2-bedroom. For example, I stayed there in November for 5 nights at $79 a night.

If buying a reservation on ebay concerns you, check out the listings and the completed items. You'll find that some people have made a business out of selling those reservations and have excellent feedback.

I've also rented through myresortnetwork.com several times...not only for Bonnet Creek and never had a problem.

Good luck!

Hotelkingdom will probably not have the best prices on Bonnet Creek.

One more place to look for Bonnet Creek:
www.redweek.com

You have to pay a few bucks to be able to send inquiries (which stinks) but there are a LOT of Wyndham owners who use that site for rentals, so prices can be very competitive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter