Bonfamille's Cafe

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
Will they ever reopen Bonfamille's Cafe at POFQ? I have eaten there many times back in the day. I can't believe it has been closed for so long. The resort has everything except a sit down restraunt. You can go over to POR for a sit down meal, but it would be more convienent to have one on the French Quarter property again.

The place sits empty as far as I know. And I saw it not that long ago.
A waste of space. :sad2:

Yes, I miss it too! Had a great atmosphere and I loved going there for breakfast! What a shame.

Just curious as we have never stayed at POFQ when it had a sit down eatery. Where was it located?

It is right next to Scat Cats Bar in the main bldg. We were just saying the other day how we missed this restaurant. Have to agree their breakfast were great! It was such a nice quiet location.

I wish they would reopen it. We had dinner there once before it closed and it was great. The food was a nice change of pace and this is somewhere I would definitely go to again if it were to reopen.

Why did they close it? It was such a great alternative to the counter service they have now. For us, the counter service gets old after a few days.

Didn't Disney close it when they combined the then Dixie Landings with FQ (and renaming DxL to Riverside)?
It has been awhile, but I think I recall hearing Disney did not want invest the money for a rehab for this restaurant.
Money saver, not guest service, seemed to be the motivation.

We loved "Bonfamille's," in fact we ate there the last day that it was opened. I grabbed a menu that I still have stored with my Disney memorabilia.
:love:

We ate there for breakfast and dinner back in 1999 and it was very good. We just came back from staying at POFQ and it would have been nice to have a full service restaurant. We walked down to Boatwrights one morning for breakfast and it was very good.

I thought I remembered there being a restaurant when we stayed at POFQ in 99. It does seem odd that it is the only mod without a sitdown restaurant. We never did try it out on that trip.

It closed in 2000. Maybe the Scat Cat’s expansion will take over some of Bonfamille’s space.

It closed in 2000. Maybe the Scat Cat’s expansion will take over some of Bonfamille’s space.
i was just going to say that they are expanding that area so that would make sense and there is not much room in that resort to build more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter