Boma or Ohanas?

Almost word for word what I was going to say. And I think that a taxi is the ONLY way to get to Boma with the time constraints that you will have.

this.:thumbsup2 you won't have time to watch the fireworks and get to AKL by bus. don't fireworks take at least 20 minutes?

Both restaurants are very good and are 2 of our *must do* places to go on each trip, but as others have said, you would be better to go with 'Ohana because you would not have time to make it to Boma by 9pm.

You;d have to get over to the MK,and take a bus from the stop there to get to the AKL after viewing fireworks,there isn't a bus straight from the Poly to another hotel. figure on a solid hour to get there,minimum. more if the park is closing just as you're trying to get to your ADR...lines!The only way to get from one place to another without a car is to take multiple buses....I think by that time of night, your only option is monorail over to the MK,WALK down to the bus stops,and get in line for the AKL bus.

I like Boma dinner (family does not picky eaters but they do like breakfast).

Everyone in the family likes Ohana.

We have never had a bad experience at Ohana and we have returned every trip since 2006.

I agree both are really good.

If I were you, I would keep the Ohana reservation because it is closer to what you want to do.

:goodvibes

To me, Boma is a better dining expereince nowadays. I went to 'ohanas in late August and was disappointed. The meat was a bit a dry and the sides, espically the noodles, were not as a good. I prefer Kona Cafe at the Poly

Boma however, is incredibly good.

putting the rushed feeling aside (totally agree with you thou), if we're just talking about the food at ohana, its disappointing. Dry noodles and potstickers, slimy wings, poor quality of beef, gross pork chops...sauce was so gross. way too sweet. chicken was good thou. so was the salad, bread, and dessert.

Couldn't agree more, although we aren't fans of Boma either. When we were there (2 years ago), almost all of the main dishes and soups on the buffet were sweet. We filled up on the steak because it was the only main dish that wasn't sweet. I've heard they have changed the food a bit since we were there though :confused3

My family prefers Boma, by far. We ate at Ohana once and found the food to be sub par. The noodles are the same ones that they serve at the $7.99 all you can eat buffet by our house and the shrimp were not de-veined :crazy2:. We've been to Boma for both the breakfast and dinner buffets, and found them to be great. My brother is a picky eater, and he had no problem finding things to eat.

We loved Ohana when we went a few months ago and we are even going back again this sunday for an early dinner before the MVMCP.

I would stick with Ohana myself but my best would be Kona over Ohana. As for Boma I did not enjoy this place at all. Food was poor and service terrible. Too far to travel too if you are not staying there. Since you are already at the Poly I stick with Ohana. Reason I choose Kona as I like all my food at once not in pieces. Service is good its just not my thing. Food was just ok nothing to write about. Kona was excellent and very attentive since I am a disbetic.

I just ate at Ohana a few days ago and I couldn't believe how awful everything was. I've had good meals and so so meals there but this, well just everything was bad except for the steak! They got that right but it was the first time in 5 so it really is a hit or miss place. Out of the 5 times I've been there it's been a miss more often than not so I've no desire to return!

I would choose Boma on rib night :thumbsup2 instead.

We love Boma for breakfast!!! Keep your O'Hana ADR and add a jaunt to AKL another day for it. You can easily get lost exploring AKL for an hour or two ;)

I sure wish that all the negativity towards 'Ohanas were reflected in a lack of difficulty getting ADRs!! :rotfl2:

We LOVE O'Hana! Food is excellent and plentiful! Service was excellent and atmosphere fun! We eat there every time we go to WDW.

We were surprisingly underwhelmed with 'Ohana last week during our stay. Some of the food was great (chicken, pork, potstickers, dessert) other stuff was not so much. Some of the food I couldn't tell you about because it was never brought to the table. No noodles, no veggies, felt rushed a bit. Perhaps we just hit it on a bad night?

We have found both Boma and Ohana to have good food, although Boma is better. AKL is gorgeous at night. Last Christmas the view of the lobby and Christmas tree from the outside viewing area was so pretty I thought I would die. ;)

BOMA, all around, no question!!!

I honestly do not get the hype of Ohana. Sure, its a different dinging experience, but ALL the food tastes exactly the same and I find it rarely ever comes out hot. Their bread pudding on the other hand is fantastic!

We're heading to BOMA's....Couldn't find reservations for Ohana...looking forward to seeing all the decorations at AKL and walking outside for animal gazing...Have eaten at both of them in the past and liked them both...I don't think there's a wrong answer here!

We're heading to BOMA's....Couldn't find reservations for Ohana...looking forward to seeing all the decorations at AKL and walking outside for animal gazing...Have eaten at both of them in the past and liked them both...I don't think there's a wrong answer here!

who is boma?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter