Boma- Chef TJ rocks!

thunderbug548

DIS Veteran
Thanks to my fellow Dis'ers, I found out about Chef TJ for my dh who is a vegetarian. Our waiter wasn't of much help so I asked about Chef TJ who came right over to our table. I pointed dh out to him in line at the buffet already and he walked over and walked him down the line of what he could/should eat (no fries, mac & chs etc as he "can get that anywhere"). After dh had finished his first plate, TJ brought over a huge plate of food that he had made just for dh. Dh said it was SOOOO good! He was stuffed. TJ came back over and asked how everything was and then said he'd be right back. I jokingly said, he's going to make some fried oreos for you now and I was right!! He came back with a big plate of oreos on a skewer with a hunk of pineapple at the bottom. We shared that even though I was already stuffed. We will def. eat at Boma again. Here are a few pics of dh's meal.
Partially eaten already-
IMG_8864Small.jpg

IMG_8865Small.jpg

IMG_8868Small.jpg

IMG_8869Small.jpg

Wholly Crow!!!! Those plate look DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never heard of Chef TJ. I'm gonna have to ask for our family veggies too.

Thanx for the info.

wow that looks FABULOUS! I am not vegetarian but that plate looks delicious.
Chef TJ is awesome. Last time I was at Boma I was with my parents, and Chef TJ just came up to talk to us out of the blue. He chatted with us about the city they live near and his favorite restaurants there. My parents were so suspicious because they didn't understand why he woud approach our adults-only table when there were so many little kids around. But then he came back with a huge plate of the oreos for us, which were so yummy! He is such a nice guy, and a talented chef!

Chef TJ is the BEST! He takes great care of my DS and DN who both have several life threatening food allergies! They love BOMA because of Chef TJ!:thumbsup2

Is he the Asian chef who is extremely dynamic? If so, that man is awesome. Boma is about my favorite spot to dine in all of WDW.

Chef TJ is fantastic! I swear, our group's fearless leader must know his work schedule, because we always seem to be there when TJ is there.

And now I have this frustrated yearning for deep fried Oreos.

Chef TJ is awesome! My mom and I ate at Boma a few years ago and we were basically the first people in the restaurant. Chef TJ started talking to me and sure enough, by the end of the meal we got a huge plate of deep fried oreos. We went to thank him and he gave us his business card. Ever since then, Chef TJ and I have been very good friends. He makes my mom and I fried mushrooms, spare ribs, and shrimp everytime we go to Boma. It really is wonderful! (Although, I would love to try his vegetarian option sometime too!) And of course, we always get his famous dessert!!

I actually was just talking to Chef TJ on AIM this afternoon before he went to work. He is such nice guy and Im glad that so many of you love him as much as I do!!

Another Chef TJ fan here!! He is a wonderful man and talented chef and WDW is very lucky to have him. We will be visiting again in 6 weeks and can't wait to see TJ and enjoy the offerings at Boma!

I know there are many Chef TJ fans here so I just thought I would pass along this information. He is doing a free culinary demonstration for the Food and Wine Festival this year. I believe it is on November 6th. So if any of you are going to be at Epcot then, please go and see him. He is trying to get as many people there as possible and I promised him I would pass this information along to anyone who will be there at that time!!

OMG - TJ made that same entree for me and it was the best meal I have ever had!! My dessert was a bit different since I am vegan but it too was the best - I don't normally eat dessert but my DD and I lapped up every bit of his. If they ever lose TJ, they will have lots of unhappy Boma lovers!!

Another TJ fan here. I have a severe nut allergy and he made a special dish just for me and it was the best meal of the entire vacation. This is the only place that having a food allergy is an advantage! He also made us his fried Oreo dessert... yum. Nothing but wonderful experience with TJ at Boma's.

That entree looks great -- can you break it down for us? I can see lettuce underneath it all, what kind of dressing is drizzled over it? What's the fried thing on the side? Is that sliced tofu? I'm not a vegetarian, but would love to try this dish. Do you think I could just ask TJ to make it for us?

Chef TJ is amazing! I have food allergies and he made wonderful food for me. He also brought out special desserts for all of us. Boma is my husband's favorite restaurant at WDW, and we can't wait to return in November (hopefully he'll be working that night!)

He is great. When we went for our wedding planning trip he walked us through the buffet since my wife is allergic to shellfish. He came back with this awesome dessert at the end of our meal. When we went back for our wedding we went back with the in-laws and they also had allergies and he walked them through and he remembered us and even asked about the wedding. He brought out an awesome rib entree and another great dessert.

I love Chef TJ too! I have food allergies and he made me so many plates and even a wonderful dessert. I went back the next year and got a different Chef and it wasn't the same. Little did I know, I could have just requested Chef TJ, he was there ( so were about 10 other Chef's). Now I always ask for him by name. He is fantastic.:thumbsup2

Glad to hear about your experience with chef TJ. I have allergies to nuts and he took me around to all the stations and showed me what I should and should not eat. Boma is by far the best buffet at Disney.

A few years ago we had Annual Passports, and on our second trip we did Boma on the first night, as we had done the first trip. Out of the blue, as I was choosing soup, Chef Tony approached me and said "Welcome back to the Boma"... I was really touched that he would remember me months after the first time. I might have had a brief conversation him about the soups the first time, I cannot remember.. In any event, If Chef Tony and Chef TJ are one and the same, I can understand why all of you are raving about him, he is a really nice guy!

Boma is a very special place, and remains my favorite WDW dining experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter