Boma - Breakfast or Dinner?

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at AKL for the 1st time for our next trip and I've heard good things about Boma. Which is better - breakfast or dinner?

Dinner! Hands down. Breakfast is good but pretty much like any other breakfast Buffett with a few different selections in there. Supper meal has so many things to chose from, something for everyone with a lot of different African themed dishes as well and plenty of desserts !

Not sure this will help, but this place is so good that we make a point to do both every trip. Such great and unusual food in such a great and unusual location, and we feel that they are the best buffets in Disney World for both breakfast and dinner.
Whichever you choose you can't go wrong, so sure hope you have a magical time, 3littlecuties!
:goodvibes

Last edited:
We love both but If I had to pick one it would be breakfast. There are so many good restaurants for dinner and not as many for breakfast.

Dinner, no question. The rotating selection of soup alone is worth the price of the buffet. Breakfast at Boma is also delicious, but outside of a few creative options, it's pretty standard morning fare. The evening meal is different and wonderful.

Dinner - and I agree with jdisnut that the soups are terrific - lots of interesting choices and also choices for those who are less adventurous ...after a wonderful dinner it is so fun walk around the AKL and enjoy the open decks to see the animals and sit by the firepits...you can make it a whole relaxed evening of dinner and exploring!

I say both since they are both great, but if I had to choose, I would choose breakfast. I love the selection in the morning and have never had an issue.

Dinner. One of the best meals you'll have on property. I find breakfast buffets to be a waste of time and money. I don't need a feast at breakfast full of carb and sugar heavy options. Just give me a small healthy breakfast in my room and I'm good. YMMV.

I guess I'm the only one who prefers breakfast. We do a late breakfast and it's much quieter than dinner (which we've done twice). We also enjoy the sunlight coming in

Dinner has more interesting options but I actually prefer breakfast because the restaurant is much quieter and less crowded (and breakfast still has many good and interesting options).

That being said, I generally prefer breakfast buffets over dinner buffets. If I'm going to have a big buffet meal, I'd rather have it earlier in the day than later (in the evening, I'm tired and prefer being waited on. In addition, I often don't sleep well if I have a big meal late in the day).

Whatever meal you choose, you can't go wrong (IMO, it's the best buffet in WDW for either meal).

We have only done dinner there, so I would vote dinner because it is fantastic. However, if we were staying there, we would probably consider both because we have heard many good things about breakfast. We do not typically do table service breakfasts, but usually do one per trip. This trip, staying at the Poly, we are doing O'Hana for both breakfast and dinner.

Dinner! Hands down. Breakfast is good but pretty much like any other breakfast Buffett with a few different selections in there. Supper meal has so many things to chose from, something for everyone with a lot of different African themed dishes as well and plenty of desserts !

Yes this! There is such an amazing array of interesting foods at dinner. I don't want to waste time on Mickey Waffles when I can have all the cool dinner food.

Dinner, no question. The rotating selection of soup alone is worth the price of the buffet. Breakfast at Boma is also delicious, but outside of a few creative options, it's pretty standard morning fare. The evening meal is different and wonderful.

Yes, this!!! I could make a whole meal of the different soups at dinner and be extremely happy. Breakfast is good but I certainly wouldn't choose it over dinner.

Both!! Dinner is fantastic, especially the soups and the carving station. Breakfast is the best you will find on property for a reasonable price - we book the last seating and it serves as breakfast and lunch. They have a great omelette station, a carving station (usually turkey and ham), and terrific roasted tomatoes and asparagus. And then there is the bread pudding with the caramel praline sauce... OK - just talked myself into voting for breakfast over dinner!

Not sure this will help, but this place is so good that we make a point to do both every trip. Such great and unusual food in such a great and unusual location, and we feel that they are the best buffets in Disney World for both breakfast and dinner.
Whichever you choose you can't go wrong, so sure hope you have a magical time, 3littlecuties!
:goodvibes

Same here.

If you can do both, do both. We do. They are both great meals. If I had to choose, dinner would be my favorite, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter