• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Room Request

shruley

DIS Veteran
I have 3 girls who are very excited to eat in the Beasts' castle. I know there are 3 rooms, but the older 2 girls are very adamant that they do NOT want to sit in the gallery room. They want to sit in a room that was actually in the movie. While I think the West Wing would be cool, I have a 4 year old and worry it will be too scary for her. (No idea til I really get there but I would hate to be seated and have her start crying and be upset the whole meal.) If I request to be seated in the Ballroom, will they grant that? And do you think it will significantly increase my wait?

Breakfast and lunch you seat yourself. Dinner, it is a request and it may increase your wait. They often close one of the dining rooms at dinner.

Ballroom is the largest so that is where you have the greatest probability of being seated. West wing is very small.

Sometimes at breakfast and lunch we have been led to a table by a cast member. I have asked them to seat me in one of the side rooms rather than the ball room because I am hard of hearing and wear hearing aids. It is very hard for me to hear my family in the ballroom. They did grant my request.

I've been there 3 times...2 times for lunch and once for dinner.

At dinner, the host/hostess will seat you. We accepted the table we were given, so I'm not sure about what would happen if you request a different room.

At one of our lunches, we were also seated by a cast member, in the ballroom. We asked about the West Wing, but it was full.

At our other lunch, we sat ourselves. We wanted the West Wing, but it was full, so we sat in the Rose Gallery.

The ballroom is the largest room, so I doubt you'll have a lot of trouble being seated there if that's what you want. Seems like the West Wing is popular (and pretty small). We have an 11 AM lunch on our upcoming trip...hoping to snag the West Wing this time!

If you are going for lunch or brft, as mentioned above usually you seat yourselves, but sometimes get seated - we have seated ourselves both times. It never hurts to ask if being seated, and ballroom is a good bet since it is largest. But you are free to walk around and see each room and take pics(at least at lunch and brft as everyone is moving around to get their own drinks and silverware, as well as checking the place out). We sat in the ballroom our first time, but sat in gallery the second time - love the big comfy booths, and lots of little details in the woodwork, etc. After just seeing the new movie, I can say the ballroom will look very familiar!

We had lunch there once and only room with available seating was the Rose Gallery. Had PPO once and the Gallery was roped off, West Wing full. Other PPO was early and they had west wing and gallery roped off when we arrived. Opened West Wing when were were almost finished with breakfast. So you don't know what your options are until you arrive. Request and see what happens.

Our first dinner here we were seated in the ballroom. Each lunch and dinner since the only seating available at the time of our ADR was in the Gallery. For dinner, this room never seems to be filled to capacity when we are there while the ballroom is always packed. If you are going for dinner I'm sure you could ask but be prepared for a wait. The ballroom is also quite loud and the largest of the rooms with less privacy at the tables as they are so close together. Keep that in mind if you are not offered this room and opt to wait.

We've been for dinner four times. Three times we were seated in the ballroom, without any request. The fourth time we were seated in the gallery. I inquired about sitting in the ballroom, because we did not care for our table. They were willing to accommodate the request if we waited another 15-20 minutes. We opted to stay put (because we were hungry), but regretted it. In my opinion, the ballroom is more magical - especially if you're seated by the windows.

Chances are you'll be seated in the ballroom. If not, I'm sure you can be moved if you don't mind waiting.

We have been there during lunch and we walked up to a cm after we paid and they helped us get a spot where we wanted. it is really hit or miss and it seems that everybody wants to be in the west wing. another thing we noticed at lunch is that a lot couples or families of 3 would take up tables meant for large parties. you might have to get a cm to help you there as well.

Thanks. I should have said we were going for dinner! Our reservation is early for dinner, like 4 something. So if we had to wait 15-20 minutes to get in the main dining room that probably wouldn't be the end of the world. I have read it's louder in the main room, etc. but I have a 13 and 10 year old, and they are both pretty adamant about this!

I've only gotten Ball room once others have been West Wing. I swear next trip I'm requesting not West wing, I want change of scenery lol. I've dined in all 3 rooms but only gotten gallery during lunch and seating myself.

I find the room with the rose is a bit on the colder side -- but the thunder is pretty cool.

We were told it would add 45 minutes to our wait for dinner when we requested a room. We just took what was available.

I really wanted to sit in the ballroom but we were taken to the west wing. I did consider asking for a change but i'm so glad I didn't, the West Wing is much more cosy and intimate and I preferred the decor. Plus the ballroom got really loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter