BOG Large group question

lauris87

Mouseketeer
We have a group of 10 people, with PPO breakfast reservations at BOG. We want to order our food ahead of time to save time. However, it won't let us 'split our checks to do multiple forms of payment....which is a real bummer because we each want to pay with our Disney gift cards...separately. Do you think if I call Disney they will split our reservation into smaller groups? I don't want to risk doing this if a newbie cast member accidentally deleted our reservations. Or....should I just not worry about it? How much time is ordering ahead going to save us?

Why don't each of you ...now...pitch in and buy one gift card exclusively for the BOG breakfast. Designate one person to be in charge of paying for the breakfast from that card. Then you have no worries! :rolleyes1 ...just a suggestion! :confused3

I ran into the same problem back in March, but we were on the dining plan. I called to see if they would split our group of 9 into 3 separate parties, but nope.

So what I did was search for two additional PPO reservations for 1 person, which was fairly easy to get after a bit of looking. I made one member of family B the lead on one reservation, and one member of family C the lead on the other. Everyone else stayed on the original reservation.

So now I had 3 reservations (original reservation of 9, a party of 1, a party of 1). I pre-ordered each family's meals on the separate reservations according to the lead guest. You can order as many or as few meals as you want on each. So it was no trouble to order 3 meals on the party of 9 reservation, just like it was easy to order 3 meals on the party of 1 reservation.

A bit confusing I know but it ended up working just fine! It's seat yourself so we were all able to eat together. You definitely want to pre order if you are trying to get an early ride on Mine Train or beat the rope drop crowd in Fantasyland. It was worth the bit of extra effort and the PPO breakfast was a highlight of our trip!

I ran into the same problem back in March, but we were on the dining plan. I called to see if they would split our group of 9 into 3 separate parties, but nope.

So what I did was search for two additional PPO reservations for 1 person, which was fairly easy to get after a bit of looking. I made one member of family B the lead on one reservation, and one member of family C the lead on the other. Everyone else stayed on the original reservation.

So now I had 3 reservations (original reservation of 9, a party of 1, a party of 1). I pre-ordered each family's meals on the separate reservations according to the lead guest. You can order as many or as few meals as you want on each. So it was no trouble to order 3 meals on the party of 9 reservation, just like it was easy to order 3 meals on the party of 1 reservation.

A bit confusing I know but it ended up working just fine! It's seat yourself so we were all able to eat together. You definitely want to pre order if you are trying to get an early ride on Mine Train or beat the rope drop crowd in Fantasyland. It was worth the bit of extra effort and the PPO breakfast was a highlight of our trip!

Oh no. I had no idea this would be a thing! We have a reservation for 9 (us and another family). So I need to find another reservation for 1 for the other family? We're all on the dining plan.

Oh no. I had no idea this would be a thing! We have a reservation for 9 (us and another family). So I need to find another reservation for 1 for the other family? We're all on the dining plan.
That's correct. They can't seperate meal credits by room if you pre order.

We had a group of 12. We just did not preorder our food, and each group was able to pay for their own meals. It really didn't take long to order from the touchscreen. Just know what you want in advance

IF you want to preorder, then, yes, you will need separate ADRs. IF you're okay ordering once you get there, you'll be fine.

We had a group of 12. We just did not preorder our food, and each group was able to pay for their own meals. It really didn't take long to order from the touchscreen. Just know what you want in advance

Good to know! That's exactly what I was searching for :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter