BOG for Lunch

Luliemouse

Avengers Assemble!
So I know that lunch is Quick Service, Does it get very crowded?

Typically how long are the lines? :hourglass

BOG is a pretty big place, but the lunch line forms early and can look pretty long. But most reports have you through the ordering process within 30 min. The seating area will be busy, but you'll be able to get a table.

Thanks! This helps.... Reservations haven't opened up for my dates yet. But I'm trying to make some contingency plans!

From looking at the menus for this place, lunch is the best option for us. Thiers nothing really on the dinner menu that me or the BF would eat - yes we are picky. So excited to visit this place though.

We went a week or so after it first opened. Lunch was really good and we did have to wait in line for about 15 mins. It does fill up but like someone said, it's a big place.

From looking at the menus for this place, lunch is the best option for us. Thiers nothing really on the dinner menu that me or the BF would eat - yes we are picky. So excited to visit this place though.

I think my sister will be happier with the lunch menu too.

Thank you for the line info everyone, I feel better about not getting a res now!

Yes, the lines get long, because it's new and everyone wants to see it. But they move relatively quickly. It is a very large restaurant.

It depends on how busy the parks are that day. We were there on Good Friday and the line at 11 am was past the entrance to the bridge and down the walkway. I asked the CM at the entrance to the bridge how long the wait is and his reply was over an hour to order. We went somewhere else because we had already had dinner there earlier in the week. The restaurant was beautiful and the food delicious but we were not interested in waiting over an hour for counter service.

i would love to try to eat at be our guest but not sure if i would wait over 1hr to have a quick serve.

Lunch at BOG is like an attraction in itself...with food at the end! We waited about 25 minutes after getting line at 11am, certainly worth the wait. (For those trying to get dinner ADRs-I've heard waits at dinner WITH an ADR can top 30 minutes or more)!!...so for those of you who can't get dinner ADRs don't panic, go for lunch...my advice is to get in line early, make it your late breakfast/early lunch/brunch...what have you...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Feel free to check out our experience at BOG if you haven't already @

Our Be Our Guest LUNCH Experience

So I know that lunch is Quick Service, Does it get very crowded?

Typically how long are the lines? :hourglass

We went on Saturday Feb. 3rd. for LUNCH.
I highly recommend it.
The line WAS long...it was around 12:30pm
it went over the bridge...you will understand when you
approach this....
We only waited about 22 minutes to put our order in.
You get your choice of the three rooms...all beautiful.
One nice thing about this COUNTER service is that you get
your food delivered to you via rolling warm carts...and your food
is on real plates...not paper...and you get to eat with real silverware.
It is a nice touch when you are use to eating at other QS with paper plates...The food was good...but don't be fooled ..the pommes fritas are really just good old Disney french fries....not too good,,,so choose mashed instead...
lunch at BOG is Worth the wait....good food,,good prices at lunch... Enjoy
oh, and try the grey stuff...its delicious!!!:lmao:

We had lunch here 2 days in Feb. Both days the line was long and we waited just about 45 minutes. The atmosphere is awesome! The food was outstanding! Needless to say, it was well worth it. Here is a tip we used.... We noticed the first day in line people would get to the front of the line and wait on the rocks to the side of the actual entrance to the building. We figured out they were waiting for the rest of their party. (You cannot go in the restaurant unless you are eating there.)So only one person has to wait the "bulk" of the line. Then the CM will let you wait to the side until everyone gets there. We had 11 women the second time, 2 of us waited. It is still a little line once you get in the building but if the line extends past the bridge, it's a good strategy. Also, be careful, they close the line about 2ish to get all the lunch diners out so they can set up for dinner.

We got in line right at 1030 the week before Christmas as soon as they opened the door the line actually started moving pretty good.
Wait inside was about 15 min to order. We got seated quickly got our drinks and before we knew it our food came rolling out! The food was good we had grilled cheese, steak sandwich & strawberry cupcakes was very good!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

i would love to try to eat at be our guest but not sure if i would wait over 1hr to have a quick serve.

Holidays and week ends will always be longer wait times for most places. We have never waited more than 15-30 min. during the week when we've gone. We're here now and will eat lunch there at least twice. Will never even go to Disney on holidays, and definitely wouldn't try for BOG lunch then.

We were there in mid-March. The line was over the bridge and just barely around the corner and it was 40 minutes from when we got in line to when we had food at our table (probably about 30 from getting in line to ordering). We got in line around noon.

This maybe a dumb question, but I doubt my extremely picky kids will eat anything off the menu here, but I'd love to eat lunch. Is it allowable for the four adults in our party to order food, but bring in pb&j for the kids?

If you are OK with eating at off-peak times and aren't there during an extremely busy time of year, you shouldn't have more than a 20 minute wait to order. The line will likely fill the bridge, but don't be intimidated - it moves quickly. CMs have been known to exaggerate wait times so if the line is not far past the end of the bridge and a CM says the wait is 60 minutes, don't worry. It's highly unlikely to take that long. You can look at a menu while you wait, so it's a good time to decide what you'd like to have.

This maybe a dumb question, but I doubt my extremely picky kids will eat anything off the menu here, but I'd love to eat lunch. Is it allowable for the four adults in our party to order food, but bring in pb&j for the kids?

Yep, totally fine as far as I know :goodvibes

There's a link in my signature to a thread called "Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest." There's lots of info on lunch, how it differs from dinner, and tips on minimizing your wait time.

I don't think you will have a problem with the PB&Js. I would do the same thing. Have a great time. Make sure you walk through all 3 rooms.

It depends on how busy the parks are that day. We were there on Good Friday and the line at 11 am was past the entrance to the bridge and down the walkway. I asked the CM at the entrance to the bridge how long the wait is and his reply was over an hour to order. We went somewhere else because we had already had dinner there earlier in the week. The restaurant was beautiful and the food delicious but we were not interested in waiting over an hour for counter service.

We ate lunch there that day! :) We had been up since 5:30am to take advantage of the 7:00am EMH, so we lined up at 9:50am for the 10:00am opening (we were more than ready to eat by then). The line was past the bridge when we joined - but it moved very quickly once 10:00am hit and the restaurant opened. We had our food by 10:25am. I was actually shocked by how quickly our food came ... we found a table and went to get our drinks & the food was on our table when we returned!

We initially had dinner reservations, but I cancelled when I found out that lunch was available and less expensive. But, then, after reading about the long lines for lunch, I started trying daily to get a dinner ADR. I was never successful, so we decided to stand in that line. Our food was good and piping hot.

It was the worth the wait to see this new restaurant, but I don't know if we will do it on subsequent trips ... it's a lot of time to wait for a quick service meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter