BOG Dining Rooms

twitterpated31

Mouseketeer
i'm giddy that I scored a BOG dinner reservation on my last day in the parks.

My reservation is just after 4p so I'm hoping I can make a dining room request. Which is your favorite? I'm leaning towards the library (if I'm lucky enough to have a choice).

My personal favorite is the West Wing. But, different people have different tastes.

Note - the library is not a dining room choice. The other choices are the ballroom and the Rose Gallery.

Sorry, it's the Castle Gallery I think?
According to the Disney site it has the library theme?

Originally Disney called it the Rose Gallery. I think folks maybe got confused by the word rose, and thought the enchanted rose was in there but it's in the West Wing. So they more recently changed it to Castle Gallery.

It has nothing to do with a library or library theme. It is paintings on the walls and a music box with Belle & Beast on top. It is the only room not in the movie and was designed specifically to house the music box.

The only room closest to library is the room you will meet the Beast in. During the day you order food there and kiosks are made of stacks of books.

castle-gallery.jpg

Originally Disney called it the Rose Gallery. I think folks maybe got confused by the word rose, and thought the enchanted rose was in there but it's in the West Wing. So they more recently changed it to Castle Gallery.

It has nothing to do with a library or library theme. It is paintings on the walls and a music box with Belle & Beast on top. It is the only room not in the movie and was designed specifically to house the music box.

The only room closest to library is the room you will meet the Beast in. During the day you order food there and kiosks are made of stacks of books.

castle-gallery.jpg

Yes, this. Well said. (I still call it the Rose Gallery. Kind of like I still call the Willis Tower the Sears Tower.)

Yes, this. Well said. (I still call it the Rose Gallery. Kind of like I still call the Willis Tower the Sears Tower.)

I still call it the Rose Gallery, has taken me forever to stop saying Dixie Landings or MGM Studios .......... but the room has LOTS of nods to roses; the carvings on the pillars, the ceiling glass, the hues ....

The hard part is it's not in the movie so there is no real attachment to the room so hard to attach a name.

be-our-guest.jpg

We prefer the ballroom. It has a more elegant ambiance than the Castle Gallery, IMHO. We ate in the castle gallery the first time we had dinner there and it felt much brighter than the ballroom and didn't really have a dinner atmosphere (really still felt like a lunch QS atmosphere). The west wing is a bit dark for us.

My favorite is the West Wing, but each room has its pros and cons:

-West Wing is well-themed, intimate and smaller, but it's also very dark and has a fair amount of traffic for a small space (mostly guests wandering in to take pictures of the rose)

-The ballroom gives you the most space and the theming is still very good - particularly the windows and ceiling/chandeliers. The ballroom, however, can be loud, heavily trafficked with crisscrossing pathways and has a bit of a cafeteria feel to it. Best place to sit here in my opinion is close to the windows away from the worst aspects of the room.

-Castle Gallery is a nice in between - smaller and more intimate than the ballroom, not as noisy, and less traffic. The downside is (as pointed out above) that the room is not directly connected to the movie as the other two are.

Love the West Wing, although if you have littles, they may be scared by the thunder that comes through and flickering lights. Also, be prepared to use the light on your phone to read the menu because it is dark.

The ballroom is nice, but as someone else said, ask for a seat by the windows.

My husband and I went at around 4 pm and easily got the room we requested. My mom and I went at 5 pm and they could've accommodated us, but we would have had to wait longer. We were a little tight on time, so we just took the seat they had for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter