Body Mass Index

Although BMI is one tool that could be used in a weight loss program, it's not as accurate as a tape measure, or taking body fat measurements. The BMI doesn't take into account the body type of the individual. For instance, if you compare two 6' tall 225 pound guys they would have a BMI of 30.5, considered obese. What the BMI doesn't distinguish is one of the guys is a muscular athlete while the other is a pot bellied couch potato. If you use one of several ways to measure body fat, you would see the first guy has 10% body fat, while the couch potato would have 25% body fat.

Indyman,

I agree with everything you wrote but it is fun to see if you fit into the "average" group. I read about it alot in magazines and always wondered where I fit. The web site just made it easier to calculate!

Carole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter