Boatwrights Dining Hall in POR?????

I personally rate it at the bottom of all TS, we had dinner there a year ago and it wasnt horrible just ok; few entree selections and open dining area right next to a busy hallway to the foodcourt. For the money I would just do CS.

Breakfast at this resort is so good that I make it my 'must stop' every year.

Dinner is a whole other story. I find the dinner menu limited and the food only so so.

Stop in for breakfast, skip it for dinner.

Agree with the others, the worst TS dinner experience we have had on our 3 trips to the kingdom.

We made the unfortunate mistake of eating here for our last table service dinner on our trip last year. It is now one of only two Disney restaurants that we will never return to (the other being Hollywood & Vine). We did not get seated until 45 minutes past our ADR time as others who just walked up were seated before us; the host was extremely rude; our waitress had NO personality at all--said the minium--what would you like to drink, what would you like to eat, here's your check...I'll pick it up when you are ready. The food was terrible--sent my steak back twice and they never got it right; my DH hated the potatos and his steak; dessert was boring. On top of that, you couldn't even hear yourself think, let alone try to talk to the person sitting right nexct to you with all the noise in the food court and the bar with the piano player. We are going to give it a chance for breakfast because DH really wants to try the sweet potato pancakes.

I have eaten there twice never a line always empty tables around us. serrvice was ok two of us thought food was good two that ordered the Beef and noodles(?) didn't like it. Kids liked the food no charachters though. Wasn't great but wasn't bad

We ate here twice on our last trip, once for breakfast and once for dinner.

For Breakfast we had no wait for a table and the hostess was very friendly. The food was good and the waitress we had was wonderful. She was around all the time asking if we needed anything else and ensuring all was what we had expected. :) It was a lot quieter than I had expected, with some empty tables.

Dinner on the other hand was awful. We had to wait in the hallway between the lobby and the counter service area for almost an hour, despite having an ADR. The host was grumpy and almost rude. When we were finally seated we had to actually ask to see a menu. Once given the menus it was over 10 minutes before we were asked what we would like to drink. :mad:

Knowing that we would probably have to wait some time to see our server again we decided to order our food at the same time. Despite this, it took almost 45 minutes from when we ordered until our food arrived and when it did, it was cold and my DH's meat was rubbery. We had them take it all back and we ended up leaving and dinning at DTD. :mad:

For breakfast it was worth the trip from POFQ but for dinner it is much better to go elsewhere.

We are staying at POR in February but we will definitely not be dinning at Boatwrights, for dinner.

Just chiming in that BW had some of the yummiest pancakes I've had at WDW. Try the Sweet Potato Cakes :thumbsup2

A lot of the selections are under $10 for adults so a good spot for an OOP breakfast that will load you up for the start of the day. Also pretty quick service when we ate.

Didn't eat dinner. Stayed at POR 03/07.

My mom and I ate there last October and we weren't impressed. We ordered the caeser salad to share, and I thought the dressing had a funny taste. Then I had the prime rib with cheese potatoes, and my mom had some veggie and shrimp pasta dish. The prime rib and potatoes was okay, but nothing to write home about. My mom HATED her pasta dish, and she's not a picky eater at all. Then we ordered the chocolate cake dessert with raspberry puree. When it got to our table, my mom was infuriated. It was no different in quality to a cake you'd get at a counter service place, and the "raspberry puree" was a tiny smear on the plate. That was an $80 meal for two people, and we didn't have alcoholic beverages. Needless to say, not impressed.:sad2:

The worst resort TS we ever had. Went in 2003 and ate once, I will eat anything and am not fussy at all, thought it was sub par.

I guess I am in the minority, DH and I ate dinner there last year and enjoyed it. It was very crowded but our service was excellent. I am not sure I would run back because I want to try as many restaurants in WDW as possible and don't want to duplicate just yet.

Has anyone eaten there for Thanksgiving? I'm hoping its better for holiday meals, or we'll just have a CS meal instead.

I'm surprised at the responses!
We ate here for dinner last September and it was awesome. The service was wonderful and the food was first rate. My husband still raves about his steak with crawfish. My daughter inhaled the soup and my son thought his shrimp cocktail was very grown up. lol
Honestly, we really enjoyed our meal. So much so that we're going back next month.
And the restaurant was busy busy busy. Even still, our server was very gracious and helpful. She was a real pleasure.

I loved the service, but the food was pretty poor for dinner. General rule for this one- Breakfast good/ Dinner bad. :upsidedow

I loved the service, but the food was pretty poor for dinner. General rule for this one- Breakfast good/ Dinner bad. :upsidedow

Eek! We are checking in on 10/26 and I thought it would be convenient to eat at Boatwrights. Where else could we go for dinner outside a park where we could still get a reservation?

It will be 3 adults and 2 kids - we wanted to check in, eat dinner, and leave the kids with my Mom while we go to Hollywood Studios.

What about Trails End at Ft. Wilderness?? The food is always yummy and I've never had to have an ADR- it's one of the wonderful yummy little secrets of Trails End.

Hmm, and not too far away from POR. I just don't want to do anything too complicated, since I have to send my Mom (she's 82 - shhh!) back to POR with the kids after dinner while DH and I head on over to Hollywood Studios. (That's the "price" Mom pays for us taking her to WDW - we get a few hours to do rides without kids.)

Thanks, I will call tomorrow!

I'd just recommend going to Downtown Disney then and having dinner at one of the restaurants there. Earl of Sandwich is really good (counter service) adn the portions are huge. She can take the kids on the boat to and from the resort. Very easy! No busses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter