Boathouse for Non-Seafood Lovers

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
I was looking at the menu at all ears and it seems 99.9999% of the menu is seafood. I was hoping for more than just one entree to choose from. Are there any non seafood items for daily specials? My husband wants to give this restaurant a try and my daughter really wants to go on the amphicars while we are in the area. Should I choose another restaurant in Disney Springs? If so, please suggest. We are using DDP credits.

I can't speak for Boathouse specifically, but I know that just about any seafood centered place I've been to at Disney has had at least 3 to 4 non-seafood options for me to choose from. (I HATE seafood so I'm always on the lookout!:duck:) If it's a place your family has their heart set on, I'd give the Boathouse a call and chat with them about your options. They may even be able to create a dish for you! But as someone who hates seafood, I totally get where you're coming from and I've never had trouble anywhere at Disney, and I plan on trying Boathouse on our next trip!

I wouldn't hesitate at all. I've had burgers, steak, and salad there (as well as fish) and all delicious. Especially fun to sit outside, weather permitting, and watch the amphicars. Enjoy!!

I think you stopped looking halfway down their menu. Might want to go back and look. The bottom half of the menu is filled with Steaks and sandwhiches. Menu is actually about 50/50. Long way from 99.99999% :thumbsup2

I meant for entrees. I dont wish to use 2 dining credits on a burger!! The only entree non seafood I saw was the filet mignon, which is great..just wondering if there may be daily specials.

I meant for entrees. I dont wish to use 2 dining credits on a burger!! The only entree non seafood I saw was the filet mignon, which is great..just wondering if there may be daily specials.

Still don't get it. I guess the other Steaks don't count?

Two different sizes of Filet, NY strip, Porterhouse, W.R Chicago Cut Ribeye (highly recommend)

Still some selective reading going on...

From the "entrée" section of the menu on Allears.net

Cherrywood Half Smoked Chicken
Full Rack Competition Smoked Ribs
Vegetable Pasta
8 different steak options.

But this is why I dislike the DDP. In other words, we can't eat a burger if that's what we want because "we have to get our money's worth"

Still don't get it. I guess the other Steaks don't count?

Two different sizes of Filet, NY strip, Porterhouse, W.R Chicago Cut Ribeye (highly recommend)

Still some selective reading going on...

From the "entrée" section of the menu on Allears.net

Cherrywood Half Smoked Chicken
Full Rack Competition Smoked Ribs
Vegetable Pasta
8 different steak options.

But this is why I dislike the DDP. In other words, we can't eat a burger if that's what we want because "we have to get our money's worth"

I honestly didnt see any other steak than the 2 filet portions. I guess I dismissed the chicken and ribs immediately because I dont eat anything with bones. But you are both right. I didnt read carefully enough. Sorry for that.

I get the deluxe because I dont want to eat burgers on vacation! I can grill at home. I would like something better than I can make at home (not that that is too difficult..Im an awful cook :( )

I have shown the options of non seafood below, for one person. I personally do not like food with bones, so the chicken and ribs are out. Unless there are daily specials, my choices will be a pasta dish, filet mignon or a NY steak. For apps its either a salad or cheese.

Ill be fine! I was really just wondering if there were daily specials!

Appetizers/Starters
Raw Bar: Oysters on the Half Shell - Assorted selectoion, served with Gibson's Bombay cocktail sauce, cucumber Mignonette; ask about daily specialty oyster; $3.5 - $5 each

Raw Bar: Oysters by the Dozen - selection varies $36

Raw Bar: Oyster Shooters - oysters splashed in a shooter with your choice of vodka; tequila, or gin and a spicy mix of bloody Mary and tabasco $8

BOATHOUSE Lobster Cocktail - half chilled 1 1/4 lb lobster, creamy, Lady Rose cocktail sauce $19

Wild Pacific Shrimp - Gibsons Bombay cocktail sauce $4 each

Yellowfin Tuna Poke - avocado, mango, soy lime vinaigrette $16.5

Jumbo Lump Crab and Avocado - tarragon remoulade $15

BOATHOUSE Pimento Cheese - mixed vegetable pickles, white corn tortilla chips $12

Florida Style Smokehouse Fish Dip - cherrywood smoked, white corn tortilla chips $13

Firecracker Shrimp - Sriracha mayo, serrano chili and sweet peppers $16

Hoisin Chili Calamari - bell peppers, jalapeno, Serrano chili $18

Blue Star Angus Carpaccio - arugula, olive oil, shaved Grana Padano, capers $18

Local Cedar Key Middleneck Clams - garlic butter, white wine, garlic crostini $15.5

Wild Caught Surf Clam Strips - with fresh cut fries and tarter sauce and lemon served in a dockside bucket $16

Coconut-Fried Wild Pacific White Shrimp - with fresh cut fries and orange-chili sauce served in a dockside bucket $21

Panko-Fried Gulf Red Grouper - with fresh cut fries and tarter sauce and lemon served in a dockside bucket $18

Soups/Salads
The Wedge - iceberg, Applewood smoked bacon, blue cheese, heirloom tomatoes, red onions $13

The Chopped Salad - romaine & iceberg, poached bay shrimp, peppered salami, hearts of palm, red onions, olives, pepperoncini, smoked mozzarella, herb vinaigrette $13

Buffalo Chicken - Buttermilk blue cheese, spicy pecans, red onions, ranch dressing $12

Caesar - traditional anchovy, egg & Parmesan dressing $8

Garden - mixed greens, seasonal vegetables, herb vinaigrette $8

Maine Lobster Bisque - bowl $12; cup $8

Chef's Specials
Cedar Planked Wild King Salmon - roasted beets, arugula, tomatoes, tarragon, vinaigrette, crispy shallots $36

Panko Fried Black Drum Fish Sandwich - toasted ciabatta bun, red leaf lettuce, tomato, sweet onion, horseradish-togarashi sauce $18

Shucker's Daily Oyster Tasting Flight - 6 selected oysters served with cucumber mignonette, citrus mignonette & cocktail sauce $23

Original Lobster Bake - 1 1/4 lb. whole Maine lobster, clams, Andouille sausage, red potatoes, corn on the cob, BOATHOUSE lobster broth, serves two $60

The BOATHOUSE Surf & Turf Table - 28 oz. dry aged Tomahawk rib chop and 1 1/4 lb. whole Maine lobster, serves two $115

Anastasia Gold Caviar - proprietary BOATHOUSE Osetra Caviar, grown and harvested by Evans Family fish farm in Pierson, FL, accompanied by Corn Blinis, Creme Fraiche, chives; 10 grams serves two; $85

Dry Aged Tomahawk Rib Chop - 28 oz, for two $89

Entrees
Grilled Fish Tacos - jerk spiced, crisp vegetable slaw, avocado, serrano-chili cream $22

Coriander Seared Ahi Tuna - blistered shishito peppers, soy lime vinaigrette, wasabi mayo, Sriracha $33

Cedar Planked Salmon - Frisee, roasted wild mushrooms, petite green beans, grape tomatoes $29.5

Broiled Atlantic Swordfish Steak - grilled vegetables, garlic butter, smoked tomato-white balsamic concasse $31

Jumbo Lump Crab Cake - coleslaw, tartar sauce $25

Grilled Wild Shrimp & Grits - white cheddar cheese grits, grilled andouille sausage, creole gravy $29

Full Rack Competition Style Pork Back Ribs - cherrywood smoked, roasted corn on the cob, cole slaw, smokey BBQ sauce $29.5

Cherrywood-smoked Half Chicken - roasted corn on the cob, cole slaw, smokey BBQ sauce $24

Maine Lobster & Pappardelle Pasta - 1 1/4 lb split Maine lobster, English peas, royal trumpet mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, garlic-oil butter $36.5

Baked Crab Stuffed Lobster - 1 1/4 lb. split Maine lobster, jumbo lump crab, grilled asparagus, melted butter $48

Vegetables and Pappardelle Pasta - mushrooms, wh, tomatoes, asparagus, spinach, basilite wine-garlic butter $19

Shrimp & Andouille Mac' N Cheese $24.5

NY Steak & Fries - 8 oz, Maitre d' butter, pearl onions, roasted garlic $29.5

Filet Mignon - 8 ounce $39.5

Filet Mignon - 12 ounce $49.5

New York Strip - 14 ounce $48.5

Porterhouse Steak - 28 ounce, served for two $62

W.R. Chicago Cut Ribeye - 22 ounce, served for two $59

Filet Mignon Oscar Style - 8 ounce, jumbo lump crab, asparagus, Bearnaise $54.5

Filet Mignon Oscar Style - 12 ounce, jumbo lump crab, asparagus, Bearnaise $64.5

I had the best steak of my life at The Boathouse, and I'm a professional chef. I love seafood but had eaten a lot of it recently and just felt like a steak. It was incredibly delicious and cooked exactly as ordered which seems a rarity these days. The suggested wine was a perfect match.

I had the best steak of my life at The Boathouse, and I'm a professional chef. I love seafood but had eaten a lot of it recently and just felt like a steak. It was incredibly delicious and cooked exactly as ordered which seems a rarity these days. The suggested wine was a perfect match.

I am betting you got the W.R. Ribeye

As to the question about daily specials: yes, they have specials. On one visit they had a buffalo meat loaf. One of the best things I have ever put in my mouth!

Steve

Well maybe if you had said "you don't eat food with bones" that would have helped, but I admit that's a little confusing since cows also have bones.

Does sound like the pasta might be your only option so you might look at other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter