Boat from SSR to OKW?

TCups4Me

DIS Article Contributor
Does the boat from DTD to SSR continue on to OKW? We're staying at SSR and Olivia's at OKW looks like a good choice if we can easily get there.

Thanks!

Does the boat from DTD to SSR continue on to OKW?

No_OKW and SSR each only have direct routes to DTD(Pleasure Island Dock).:)

From DTD,you could take an OKW boat and then return to DTD from OKW to catch a SSR boat.:)

It takes a little time,but the boat rides are fun IMHO.:)

It would be fun to have 2 boats - a direct DTD boat and a resort boat (like WL has) that loops around POR/FQ, OKW & SSR. But they don't. Only DTD boats.

Since you're staying at SSR, you could use the walking path to DTD, and get the OKW boat from DTD.

I love the boat rides to DownTown from some of the resorts :love: It is such a wonderful, relaxing alternative way to travel instead of the busses :dance3:

WEDWDW said:
No_OKW and SSR each only have direct routes to DTD(Pleasure Island Dock).:)

From DTD,you could take an OKW boat and then return to DTD from OKW to catch a SSR boat.:)

Good to know! Back when my family stayed at OKW in 2008 we actually shared a boat with SSR. In 11 days my sister and I will be at SSR and have breakfast reservations at Olivia's so boat to boat it is! :)
Thanks for asking this question OP!

It would be fun to have 2 boats - a direct DTD boat and a resort boat (like WL has) that loops around POR/FQ, OKW & SSR. But they don't. Only DTD boats.

Since you're staying at SSR, you could use the walking path to DTD, and get the OKW boat from DTD.

I wish they did this! When we stay at OKW, we run over to the POR and POFQ food courts for desserts or quick meals and we would do the same thing with SSR. It's a really nice area, and having the boat that runs that loop would be great!

There is a path and you can walk between OKW and SSR. I think it can be used by EVCs too.

well if you are willing for your dues (maintence fees) to go up - suggest this.

an extra boat will cost members more money. remember the dvc boats are paid for from your maintence fees - but po boats are paid for by dd. which is why in a financial hard time - their boats are closed - but we kept ours.

ssr and OKW did share at first - but once SSR got bigger and bigger and it arrived at OKW full - it was definitely time to split them up.

Good to know! Back when my family stayed at OKW in 2008 we actually shared a boat with SSR. In 11 days my sister and I will be at SSR and have breakfast reservations at Olivia's so boat to boat it is! :)

Check the time your resort boat runs. At POFQ they didn't start till 10:00 and the return to POFQ from DTD didn't start until 10:30

Boats from OKW and SSR to DTD don't start until 10am. Boats from DTD to resorts don't start until 10:30am. So boats for breakfast won't work. You'll have to use bus transportation via a park, walk, or pay for a cab. We loved Olivia's!

Thanks for all the helpful info!

I'll have to check out that walk between OKW and SSR. I didn't realize that was possible.

Thanks for the info on the boat times! I imagine being so excited I wouldn't have checked when they started running ... Just assumed :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter