boardwalk

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Is the boardwalk a good place to go in the evening? I have an 8yo DD and wondered if she would enjoy any of the entertainment down there. After 3 trips I still have not visited this area and it's got to be a must do next time.

Has anyone got any dinner recommendations (DD is a very picky eater)?

Also what's the best way to get there from the All Stars? When the parks have closed - would it mean a taxi back?

Haven't eaten at the Boardwalk so I can't help there.

But I can say it is a lovely place to walk around, especially during the evening when all the lights are on. There are interesting places to see and there are entertainers there which draw the crowds and it really is a nice evening's outing, even with an 8 year old - I think she would enjoy it. There is a sandy shore to play on, with swinging seats for the watching adults, and also little surrey bikes for four people? you can hire to ride around. We always start our holiday by walking around there on our first evening.

Ann.

The Boardwalk is a lovely place to visit in the evening - as Ann says, they have street entertainers and when it's dark it just looks so pretty lit up!
I would suggest the ESPN Sports Club to eat if your daughter will eat burgers or American style sandwiches - you have the large screen in there showing live sports- the line gets long on busy evenings e.g. Friday and Saturday so you might like to go there earlier in the evening.
My other suggestion would be to get a pizza or pizza slices from the window outside Spoodles - there are tables outside where you can sit to have your pizza and just enjoy the view!
As to returning to your resort, yes it will be a problem unless you can go to nearby Epcot before it closes or to MGM Studios.
Your daughter may enjoy visiting the old fashioned sweetshop at Boardwalk: Seashore Sweets!

Pigby, The Boardwalk (as has been said) is a lovely place for an evenin stroll. We haven't eaten there ourselves but it's had loads of great reviews on DIS.

When our littl'un was nervous of fireworks we used to go sit at the edge of the Boardwalk (beside Jelly Rolls) and you can see all the high bursts at least.

There's a Kid's Club underneath the stairway leading from the main foyer. Maybe your littl'un would enjoy some play time there while you and yer wife enjoy a grown-up meal?

To get back from Boardwalk to All Stars you can take a bus to Downtown Disney then Resort from there. Alternatively you can walk into Epcot via International Gateway (assumin you've got Unlimited or Annual Passes as Resort Guest) and catch the bus from there.

HTHs

Dave and Valerie (had to mention the DW as she thinks she's helped with this reply!)

........... now why didn't I think of that ??!! Of course! The bus to Downtown Disney and then the bus to All Stars is the best suggestion! Bravo Val :) ....... and Dave ;)

While you are at the Boardwalk if you wanted to you could stroll around to the Y & B Club and eat at Beaches and Cream (great burgers and icecream :) )

Kaylee

Another vote for Beaches & Cream - it's a great place just 5 minutes walk to the Yacht Club! Great casual fare, yummy ice-creams :)

You can also sit outside the Big River Grille - they serve burgers and the like too, and you can watch the Boardwalk activities from your table. As long as the weather is fine, there is usually some kind of street entertainment going on somewhere which is fun to watch. Coincide it with 9pm and you'll be able to see the firework part of Illuminations too :)

I don't know how much the Surrey Bikes are, but they are certainly popular, and a fun way to get around the lake and see the resorts, but there are some hills, and I saw plenty of people puffing there way up the bridge (and some even got off and were walking/pushing) so be aware, it's not all easy going.

Penny :)

If you're staying off site is ther parking at Boardwalk in the evenings and is it free?

Ken

Yes, there is parking at BW, and yes it is free. It's also the only resort you can park at that doesn't have the 3 hour maximum parking time due to it being a recreation destination rather than just a resort. However, that causes it's own problems in that it can be real tough to find a parking space. If it's a problem, you can Valet for $5 (plus tip) and have them take care of your parking for you.

Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter