Boardwalk vs. Yacht Club

DeborahA

DIS Veteran
I am in the middle of planning a Dec 06 trip for just my DH and I. Our kids are grown--this is our 3rd year alone.
We have stayed at Boardwalk before (our 25th anniv.) it was wonderful. Our intention was to stay there again this year. However, I noticed that the Yacht Club is close to Epcot also. That closeness was a major reason we loved BW so much. Would someone who has stayed at both share the reasons they might lean to one over the other?
TIA
Deb :sunny:

I would recommend the BoardWalk Inn over the Yacht Club Resort, but just marginally, and only if you've never been to the BoardWalk Inn. Since you've been to the BoardWalk Inn, and haven't been to the Yacht Club Resort, that's a no-brainer for me: Definitely check out the Yacht Club Resort!

Depends on your view. If you go for the BWI waterview - then that's the best choice. If you are going with a garden or standard view, then give the Yacht Club a try. We personally love BWI waterview! We'll be there 1st week of May! :banana:

No waterview--but last time at BW we had standard room. We were put over one of the quiet pools. Olive trees all around and a view of the Eiffel Tower from our balcony--magical!! Beautiful at night too!!
Deb :wizard:

I know this may sound a little strange but one of the reasons that I love YC so much is the view of the Boardwalk across the lake at night! I love that view. I also love being close to the Boardwalk but able to remove myself from the commotion at night if I want to. You also have the lazy river at Stormalong Bay!

The view of the BW at night is beautiful! I can see that being a positive.
Would you suggest a building in YC for that view--is it standard or called waterview?
Deb

It would be waterview. The YC doesn't have "buildings" like some of the deluxes have. That's another thing I like about the resort. It's all under one roof. There are five floors with the fifth floor being concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter