Boardwalk Villas or Bay Lake Tower?

Of the 2, which do you and your family prefer?

• Boardwalk Villas

• Bay Lake Tower

Results are only viewable after voting.

DVCRSheridan

Disney Ohana
What's YOUR preference and why?

I'm not looking to be sold or educated on either. We've stayed at both many, many times and know exactly why we love both. We're just deciding which one we're gonna stay at for our summer trip and just thought it would be fun & interesting to see which you & your family prefer & why.

So, which is it? BWV or BLT?

Like BLT, but prefer BWV. EPCOT & DHS are our two favorite parks and we can walk to either (or take the boat if we are tired). Standard view villas at BWV are the best bargains on property.

Like BLT, but prefer BWV. EPCOT & DHS are our two favorite parks and we can walk to either (or take the boat if we are tired). Standard view villas at BWV are the best bargains on property.

We echo this. We love both, but the convenience of BWV is unbeatable (although as our son grows and possibly begins to prefer MK, that may change)!

There's no debating the Standard Rooms being the best value. Really can't beat it! Also can't get them except at 11 months, that's the only downside. To be honest though, even the other views at BWV are a bargain compared to places like BLT, Poly and VGF.

BLT definitely, I like being able to walk to MK. And if you have younger family members they frequently prefer MK over Epcot. The 1 and 2BRs all have three bathrooms, great for lots of guests. Also if the pool at BLT is to crowded you can always walk over to the Contemporary and use those pools, pool hopping doesn't apply, so no block out dates.

I don't care to go to Epcot every day so that incentive for BWV means nothing to me, to me it is a half day park. Perhaps I've traveled to Europe and Scandinavia too many times to really enjoy the World Show Case and I don't drink much. The entertainment is repetitive especially after you have seen it a few times. Plus I would never walk to DHS as it is such a long walk. Much easier to take a bus from another resort that takes the same amount of time walking would take from BWV to DHS. The bus is air conditioned or heated as I found out earlier this month. I'll save my feet for walking around DHS. You have a lot of restaurants available between the MK resorts and the MK park too so that difference is a wash to me. And if I really want to visit Epcot it is a Monorail ride away. The monorail is not always accessible for the Epcot resorts as when the park is closed you can't get to the monorail without a cab/uber/or Minnie Van. And if you are going via a Minnie Van you might as well go on to MK area as it is the same price wherever you travel.

The extra bath at BLT has been great to have. However taking the bus to AK and HS has been a challenge. We waited 50 minutes for a bus to AK. It is also the busiest time of year, but 50 minutes is a bit much when 3 buses came thru for Disney springs (at 9:05 am).

Love BWV for the atmosphere and walking to two parks. But when travelling with more than 2 I would choose BLT one bedroom.

As we own at BWV, we are vert partial. We love the theme and location. Did I mention the location? Being able to walk or ride a boat to two different parks is great. We love Epcot, especially the World Showcase.

Let's face it, either resort is great !

Right now, NYE eve, we are at BLT to see the fireworks from TOTW, tomorrow we head to BWV, to see NYE fireworks at EPCOT.

Like them both, enjoy all stays in each!

We bought BLT specifically to use TOTW lounge on the black out dates December 30 and July 3.

Last edited:

I prefer BWV with its proximity to two parks. Our family loves all of the food choices at epcot for a quick dinner or late night snack.

BLT for a one bedroom, never a studio. BWV, not preferred at all.

I had a 1 bed lake view at BLT booked end of July. My waitlist came through for BWV 2 bed standard. I switched. V large space for 4 of us for exactly the same points. BWV standard is great points value.

Depends on room size. Studios at BLT are small, prefer BWV. 1 and 2 bedrooms at BLT have an extra bathroom plus the sleep chair, edge to BLT.

If 1 Bedroom = BLT (though DH loves the 'cozy' studios)
If Studio = BWV (always BWV when traveling with adult DD....walk to 2 parks)

We're staying a BLT next week, but we own BWV and usually stay there. We really like both, but purchased BWV for the walking convenience to 2 parks. We like BLT because we used to stay at the Contemporary out first 3 trips to WDW and it just feels like home to us.

In general we prefer BWV--love the feel of the whole area and being able to walk to 2 parks. We also loved our stay at BLT in a 2 bedroom with friends--we were spoiled as we got a room on the same floor at Top of the World Lounge. We loved the easy walk to MK, especially on a night with extra magic hours. I'd say it partly depends on the time of year. If we're staying during any type of festival at Epcot, we prefer to be at BWV...so that tends to be the place we stay the most, and then we'll alternate in trying the other Disney World DVC properties.

The extra bath at BLT has been great to have. However taking the bus to AK and HS has been a challenge. We waited 50 minutes for a bus to AK. It is also the busiest time of year, but 50 minutes is a bit much when 3 buses came thru for Disney springs (at 9:05 am).

Love BWV for the atmosphere and walking to two parks. But when travelling with more than 2 I would choose BLT one bedroom.

The construction near the entrance to the TTC and MK gates really is affecting some of the buses coming up World Drive. We experienced similar delays in December via bus, Minnie Van or car. Other times they all got through quickly. Hopefully with the new flyovers/roads you won't have those delays in 11 months.

I really don't care for the theme of BWV but you can't deny it has a killer location. Plus, it's not like BLT has much of a theme at all.

That plus lower point costs makes it an easy choice for me.

Does anyone feel differently 3 years later? We haven’t stayed at either; we usually always stay at AKL. As our girls are older we are thinking the benefit of close to nightlife may be worth it.

Love em both got different reasons
We own a few points at BWV, love the 1beds standard there, love proximity to 2 parks, especially during festivals at Epcot. Love being able to grab bite at Epcot in varying places.
BLT gets the tipping of scale for us, though.
Quick walk to MK, lots of good places to eat by monorail or boat, TOTWL, 1beds have extra restroom. Only downer is the amount of points to stay

Does anyone feel differently 3 years later? We haven’t stayed at either; we usually always stay at AKL. As our girls are older we are thinking the benefit of close to nightlife may be worth it.
Nope! Still agree 100% with the post I made in 2017.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter