Boardwalk Inn Room Request Suggestions Needed

disney88

Earning My Ears
We are a Family of 4, with the kids ages 4 years and 19 months, so we will have a double stroller with us. We are booked for a standard view at the Boardwalk Inn. From what I've read most of the rooms at BWI have a balcony, which we need because we can sit on the balcony when the little one goes to bed early. We want a quiet room location (bc the little one is a light sleeper) and really hoping to face the Epcot area.

What room requests do you suggest we make to try to get a room that fits our needs?

Will the elevators be an issue for us with a double, side-by-side stroller, so we should request a lobby floor room or will we be okay with an upper level room? Just wondering if we will run into a too crowded elevator with the stroller.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to be near the elevator, because of noise from the elevator and traffic of people going to and from. But, I'd like to hear what others think about rooms near the elevator.

Thank you in advance for your help. :flower3:

I've only stayed at the villas side so I'm not really the best person to give advice on views. However, I'll say that while the rooms further from the elevator are quieter, they can be a pretty long walk. I know a lot of people complain about that on here.

The standard view rooms overlook the parking lot, gardens, or quiet pool. You can see the tops of a few World Showcase buildings (and therefore higher Illuminations fireworks) from some of them. I'm not sure which rooms overlook it, so you'd hafta call and ask.

I don't remember the elevators seeming all that small, so I don't THINK you'd have a problem with them.

We are a Family of 4, with the kids ages 4 years and 19 months, so we will have a double stroller with us. We are booked for a standard view at the Boardwalk Inn. From what I've read most of the rooms at BWI have a balcony, which we need because we can sit on the balcony when the little one goes to bed early. We want a quiet room location (bc the little one is a light sleeper) and really hoping to face the Epcot area.

What room requests do you suggest we make to try to get a room that fits our needs?

Will the elevators be an issue for us with a double, side-by-side stroller, so we should request a lobby floor room or will we be okay with an upper level room? Just wondering if we will run into a too crowded elevator with the stroller.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to be near the elevator, because of noise from the elevator and traffic of people going to and from. But, I'd like to hear what others think about rooms near the elevator.

Request courtyard view facing Epcot. Rooms facing the front driveway are noisy.

Ask for a room with an even number lower floor. or even a higher floor if you want to see the fireworks, facing towards what they call garden view ex facing Epcot. Elevators are okay but with people leaving & coming might be a noise issue. Might have a problem if a large group trying to leave same time you all are leaving with your double stroller but should be fine if not too many people there at elevator..MHO You do what you have to do but if you want a quiet room as for facing Epcot & even number room. It does face garden view or courtyard. The water view (more) face the boardwalk & can be very noisy. The standard room if they call it them that now will face the parking views( so I am told)

Good luck & you will love the bWI:goodvibes

We had a room right on the boadwalk. We loved it. We really didn't hear much and we were on the 4th floor. We did have a balcony - it was small but could sit two. Sitting on the balcony early in the morning with a cup of coffee was purely magical. Enjoy!

We had a standard CL room facing the boardwalk and I didn't hear any noise with the doors closed. We were there in January but the boardwalk would be busy in the evening.

If you have light sleepers, I would be concerned with getting a connecting room just as much as other noise from the view/location. We had a connecting door and I heard our neighbors every morning around 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. I would hear laughing and talking as though they were in our room. I don't think they were exceptionally loud people but connecting rooms come with noise.

We are just finishing our first week at BWI. We're on the 3rd floor, 1 room down from the ESPN club and we can barely hear anything once the balcony door is closed. We have 2 dble beds and a sofa/sleeper even though I requested a king room. What I really wanted was a balcony with a view because we too like to sit out and watch the Boardwalk activities in the evening. The loudest noise you'll hear are the boat horns in the morning when they dock to start transporting to/from HS and Epcot. You might get an occasional yell when a football game is playing at ESPN but if you're not near it, you shouldn't hear it. And I've never heard any neighbors at all so the building must be really insulated well. The elevators are very wide but the next time I will ask for a room near them. The building is very long and it feels like you're walking for miles after a long day at the park, especially if you're at an end like we were. The elevators are not noisy at all so I would gladly stay near one rather than have that long walk everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter