Boardwalk Inn, less popular?

Fromeurope

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
Read threads here about almost every resort, but rarely about the Boardwalk Inn. How come? My husband and I are planning a visit in September (yes again :) ) and are thinking about staying there. Are there Boardwalk Inn guests around here or are they non-existent ? Can hardly believe that, the resort looks amazing.

We loved the BoardWalk Inn -- as a matter of fact, our stay there ten years ago convinced us to buy into DVC. I think it doesn't get my chatter around here because it is relatively small -- most of the resort is the BoardWalk Villas.

It is my favorite place to stay. I will be leaving in just 34 days for my 5th trip in 3 years there and I am also going Dec. 9th.

We stayed here a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We much preferred it to Y & B. Now we usually stay at the Swan because we qualify for the gov't rate. If not, BWI would be our first choice of the Disney deluxes. You will enjoy it!

We love the Boardwalk Inn!
Had a great standard room last June that overlooked Epcot with the Boardwalk Villas below. Beautiful flowers, very peaceful, and a great view of the Epcot fireworks from our room.
One tip I can give is to try the Belle Vue room for a quick breakfast. They have assorted cold items such as bagles, muffins and donuts along with coffee and juice. We took the food back to our room and had enjoyed ourselves before heading out to the parks. It is located on the lobby level to the left just before the elevators.

We stayed at the boardwalk villas. We loved the whole atmosphere. I think you will love it. Now if you search I think you will find a thread that is called the boardwalk inn thread FAQ. It may not have been active in the past week or so so you may have to turn back a few pages, but you will find it.

There are a lot of us who love Boardwalk. After just visiting the area in '03, my dh decided to buy DVC there, sight unseen!!! I think that maybe we are all very quiet about it so that no one else finds out about our little secret!!!!

It's a great resort, with great restuarants and nighttime entertainment. The pool is a lot of fun, in fact my dd, 12 y/o, prefers it to SAB!! We love being in between Epcot and Disney Studios. The CMs are terrific. Yep, we love everything about it!!!

BWI is our fave so far. We were planning to try all the deluxes before we repeated any, but even my kids couldn't wait to get back to BWI. So we leave in 28 days for the BWI again. It is really awesome, especially with a waterview. :banana:

Hiya! There's a long Boardwalk Inn FAQ thread here on the Resort Boards. Just click here - there's a lot of info in it! When you're there you can subscribe to it (or to any thread) by going to the bottom of the page, under 'Thread Tools' and click 'Subscribe to this Thread' - that way you can keep up to date with any new info in it. Good luck. We'll be at the Boardwalk Villas in October. I can't wait. :woohoo:

I loved the boardwalk!!! We stayed in the villas and they are wonderful. I want to stay there again when I return.

There you are, Boardwalk Inn fans! Nice to meet you.
My husband and I have stayed at several WDWresorts and have never even been to the Boardwalk area, not even for dinner. So that's a good reason to return to WDW, isn't it?
It's very nice to read your enthousiasm about this hotel and I will certainly read the Boardwalk Inn FAQ thread.
Thank you very much.

We love BWI too! We have stayed twice and are going back the end of November again!! It can't be beat!

Not to hijack a thread, but recently my DH was talking with someone at DD's gymnastics class who said they would never stay at the Boardwalk Inn again because there was too much noise from the Boardwalk area. We are planning on going for a quick trip in October, primarily to do the Wine and Food festival at EPCOT. Last year we stayed at YC, which we didn't particularly care for. This year I wanted to try Boardwalk, but after hearing about the (alleged) noise, figured it would have to be BC, and hope that DH liked it (I've stayed at BC previously and thought it was nice). Has anyone who has stayed at BI encouraging words for me about the noise issue?

Just a quick follow-up in response to LibertyLover. We stayed in a waterview room just above the FF restaurant. The cowgirl, the magician, etc. would perform just below our balcony. I am a very light sleeper and I have to say the noise was no problem at all for anyone in my family. As long as you have your balcony door closed the only thing you really hear is the horn of the boat bringing people back from the parks. Of course it only runs until a certain time (I'm not sure when?). I kind of enjoyed hearing it, but was so worn out from our day that once I fell asleep I didn't wake until the morning. We were there for over a week and no noise probs. and we requested the same room. Maybe some would have a problem, but we didn't. :banana:

It is quite simply the best resort and we don't talk about it so we can keep it to ourselves!

If anyone had noise problems they must have been staying in a room overlooking the Boardwalk itself. It's pretty quiet otherwise.

We loved it too! But, don't tell anyone or everyone will want to stay there :rotfl2:

Let's keep it our secret :rolleyes2

K

Boardwalk Inn is our favorite place to stay. We were there last year and again in January, when we were lucky enough to be given a free upgrade to Concierge. It was fantastic. Not sure how we got so lucky, but it was great.
Now we're spoiled :teeth:

I can highly recommend the BWI.

BWI is my family's favorite resort! You are right though about not hearing a lot about it. I can tell you that is is one of the smallest deluxes having only a few hundred rooms. The DVC side takes up the other half of the Inn.

When we stay at other resorts we find ourselves going to "visit" the Boardwalk area and always end up wishing we'd stayed at our BWI! Be sure to read through the BWI info thread.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter