Boardwalk in August

Elitravelor

Mouseketeer
We always take a trip in the summer but were thinking about skipping this year to save for DS big college graduation and our 25th trip next year to Europe. But after DH watched the travel channel last Sunday--:happytv: We are now on our way to DISNEY:cool1: We are DH ,myself ,DS-21 and DD-11. We have stayed at the WL, Poly, Treehouse and Beach Club. The kids really wanted the BC again--but it was all booked up. We have the Boardwalk for August 18th-25th. We picked the BW because of the location. Now I am second guessing --could have done Contemporary. I have read terrible reveiws on the BW on other sites. Help!! Who liked the BW?

We've stayed in the BWV twice, and loved the location. I can't imagine just having a room with kids the ages you have. A villa is great - with the space and the kitchen/laundry in your room! The Boardwalk area is our favorite! You should really like it - in the evening the entertainment is so cute also.

Boardwalk is our favorite resort. We have only tried one other resort because I can't imagine a trip to Disney without staying there. We are now hooked on concierge too. I was thinking of doing a split stay with 4 days at the Poly and 5 at the BWI but DH thinks I will miss the BWI too much so we are just going to do all 9 at our "home" again. At least I know I will be happy!:cloud9: We have never had any problems and we love the atmosphere. We love sitting out on the balcony overlooking the Boardwalk at night. Love the sounds of the boat horns, the piano guy, and the entertainment on the Boardwalk, the smells of Spoodles and the Boardwalk Bakery, the Sinatra music in the halls when we return from the parks at night..............aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love: Come on countdown! I do hope you enjoy your stay!

Love the BWI! It's my family's favorite! Beautiful spacious rooms, elegant but fun atmosphere, great location. Fun stuff out on the Boardwalk and that great Keister Coaster slide at the pool!

We stayed this past August (last week). DH LOVED this resort because he loves all things 1930s and 1940s (big WWII buff). The resort is clean, and the CMs are both friendly and helpful. Both kids liked it as well, for all the fun on the Boardwalk at night, and for the different restaurants.

That said, I didn't go for it, but only becaue when I'm on vacation in Florida, I like it to be TROPICAL!!!! So it's not that BWI isn't a great hotel - it just isn't MY preference.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Yes I am feeling better already:) !!! I just have never planned a trip to Disney so close to going time. There were no villas left when we booked and nothing at all at the BC or YC. I am a fanatic about reading these boards and doing it all. My family teases me about it but they have loved every trip. I hoped the BW would be great! The rooms do sound bigger with 2 queens and a pull out sofa instead of the day bed.

Our family was spoiled with concierge at the Beach Club so that is what we are doing again at the BW. We loved the Poly but now that DD is older she wants to be closer to Epcot and MGM. Poly is my favorite!

Now is off to do dinner ressies!:yay:

my teenage kids love the BW the best. when younger it was WL..
we have done BC, but kids still love BW best.

They love proximity to Epcot and MGM..

have a wonderful time

Sinatra Music :cool1: My kids are going to love it! They use to listen to Frank with my Dad and my son sang Fly Me to the Moon at a talent show and won first prize. BWI here we come:banana:

We've stayed on both the inn and villa sides. It is our favorite resort!

We love the "scary clown pool", the action on the boardwalk at night, and the quick walk to the World Showcase. Flying Fish is one of the best restaurants on property. Make sure to visit the Bellevue Lounge one evening, it's very relaxing. My personal favorite is an early morning stroll out to Boardwalk Bakery for a cup of coffee. It's quiet, except for the music and the occasional runner. Enjoy your trip!!

Elitravelor--you will love the concierge!! Go for it!! We were spoiled back in 2005 and are not looking back! If you have any other questions I will try to help as best I can!:)

You'll love the BW! We've stayed at the villas twice, and it's one of our favorite resorts. The CMs are very friendly and helpful, and I love the decor. The kids adore the clown pool (great slide!) and you can't beat the short walk to Epcot. It's also a nice (though a bit longer) walk to the Studios. I love the BW atmosphere in the evenings, with all the street entertainment. And you've got all those restaurants, both on the BW and at the WS in Epcot, at your disposal. Have a wonderful trip!

Our DS is home for the Easter weekend and he is SO excited that we are going to the BWI :banana: . Of course he is teasing me that I don't have a spread sheet with park hours and ADRs all set. Now that DD is 11, the must have princess meals and character meetings are not so critical. Last time we went, we were on the Poppins hunt for DS as she was his fav when he was little. We saw her 3 times and had a blast with all the pictures. With the meal plan and concierge--we are just going to have fun.:thumbsup2

I heard that there is no designation on concierge floor for smoking or non smoking---eech. I guess we will just send our hopeful request for a non smoking room.

Thanks for all your happy wishes!!

We've stayed in 7 of the Disney resorts & BW by far is our favorite. We are staying there in November for our third time!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter