Boardwalk Bakery

sunshineNJ

DIS Veteran
I will be staying @ the BC for the first time. I wanted to know if the Boardwalk Bakery is as good as the Main St. bakery. Thanks

I'd say that it's as good, but it's different. It's much smaller inside, and they offer different items. While they both do indeed do desserts, Boardwalk seems to focus a bit more on cakes and cupcakes than pastries, and they have a standard sandwich menu available throughout the day.

On our latest trip, I got a chocolate eclair from there, and it was awesome. Then again, it's kind of hard to screw up an eclair, so long as you get the custard filling right. And they did get it right. And it was delicious.

The cheesecake brownie at Boardwalk Bakery is better than anything at Main Street Bakery. Or anything anywhere.

The chocolate desserts at the Boardwalk Bakery are to die for. The chocolate carmel and the fudge are really good.

One of the fondest memories my wife has of WDW is the Boardwalk bakery. We stayed there back in May 08. My son was and is a terrible sleeper,often waking up at 6am ready to take on the world

several times my wife took him down and sat on the boardwalk enjoying a quiet breakfast from the the Bakery while the rest of us slept. She often talks about those moments

1) ALL bakeries are different.
2) Even if things are "the same"
. . . cooks
. . . equipment
. . . recipes
. . . materials
3) They are close, but can never be exactly the same.
. . . identical ovens have different hot spots
. . . materials react differently in different locales
. . . cooks know how they handle their own ovens, mixers, etc

Boardwalk Bakery is IMHO a "hidde gem"...they have great pastries and wonderful sandwiches. We often stay at the Boardwalk and I never miss a chance to eat there.

It is smaller than Main Street, but often times less crowded and there are tables our front to eat...

Yum!

We stayed last week there CL and that is where they got the breakfast from. The muffins (blueberry, ch chip & lemon poppy) and croissants were incredible, they were so good. We went in there to look and the desserts looked good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter