Boarding Number w/ Disney Transfer and no PAT

gotomu212

DIS Veteran
This is the first time I've experienced this situation and was wondering if anyone had insight.

We are taking Disney transportation from airport to port and have already added it to the reservation. When I did online checkin just now, I was unable to select a PAT. The tab was greyed out and stated with DCL transfer no PAT is selected (I even tried to change and pick arrive by personal car but the reservation was smart enough to see DCL transfer on my reservation and PAT still noted DCL transfer).

SO how is your boarding number assigned when they don't allow you to pick a PAT? Any experience out there?

In order to change your reservation to arrive by personal car, you would need to call in and cancel your DCL transport. They could then clear that tab that you are no longer taking personal transport.

That being said, what time does your flight arrive to MCO? This will make a difference if you are arriving day of the cruise.

If you are already there (as in arriving the night before) you would take the first transport bus and when you check in at the DCL terminal you will be given a boarding number.

This is the first time I've experienced this situation and was wondering if anyone had insight.

We are taking Disney transportation from airport to port and have already added it to the reservation. When I did online checkin just now, I was unable to select a PAT. The tab was greyed out and stated with DCL transfer no PAT is selected (I even tried to change and pick arrive by personal car but the reservation was smart enough to see DCL transfer on my reservation and PAT still noted DCL transfer).

SO how is your boarding number assigned when they don't allow you to pick a PAT? Any experience out there?
I can't say (we're platinum and don't have to select a PAT), but I'd guess it would be based on what time you actually arrive. I'm thinking the DCL computer may assign you a boarding number based on either your flight time and probably arrival time at the port. Or when you check in at the DCL transfer desk, that time is plugged into the boarding number assignment process.

We've used DCL transfers twice in the past, you don't need to choose a time as Disney is choosing it for you. Get on the bus arrive the terminal check in and from there if they are busy you'll be given a boarding number, if not you walk right on. We have had both situations first time the terminal felt empty, 2nd we were in line for hour and given a number.

You don't need a PAT, as you will get there when the bus gets you there. When you check in at the terminal, you will be given a boarding number, if there is a wait. If not, you may be able to go right onboard the ship. It all depends on whether you arrive at the terminal before boarding has begun and everyone is waiting for clearance to board the ship. In that case, you will board when your boarding number is called. It's really not a big deal.

In the cruises that we've taken using DCL Transfers we've gotten boarding numbers from 2 to 6. That is with us getting to MCO the night before and usually taking the first bus out

Thanks everyone. This is our last cruise before plantinum but it's our first time using transfers. We are accustomed to having a boarding number below 5 and was hoping it would be similar this time (will be on one of the first buses out of MCO).

I'll report back on our boarding number afterwards for anyone that cares.

Thanks everyone. This is our last cruise before plantinum but it's our first time using transfers. We are accustomed to having a boarding number below 5 and was hoping it would be similar this time (will be on one of the first buses out of MCO).

If you will cruise as platinum CC next time, then you will not need to book a PAT then either! Platinum CC and Concierge guests are always in boarding group #1, right after the family of the day. Congratulations!

Not having a PAT is superior to having one. You'll get the lowest available boarding number upon arrival. We stayed the night before the cruise at MCO Hyatt (booked via DCL) & took DCL transfers to the ship. No PAT, took our time in the morning to board a bus & got to the port when it was already filled with people. We nevertheless received boarding number 2.

We were only silver CC members & sailed in a standard inside cabin, so it had nothing to do with status.

Last edited:

Not having a PAT is superior to having one. You'll get the lowest available boarding number upon arrival. We stayed the night before the cruise at MCO Hyatt (booked via DCL) & took DCL transfers to the ship. No PAT, took our time in the morning to board a bus & got to the port when it was already filled with people. We nevertheless received boarding number 2.

We were only silver CC members & sailed in a standard inside cabin, so it had nothing to do with status.

Did you book the MCO Hyatt through DCL? As Shanti posted, if you book through DCL, it is my understanding that you do not need to choose a PAT and also get an early boarding number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter