• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Clarification on these screens: If I select Join on the AT-AT screen it goes to the second screen with the DHS golden symbol at the top, correct. However, you say that if we get the pink icon rather than join that means we need to refresh this second screen. My question is should we just get to this second screen BEFORE 7 and then refresh at 7. Or do we really need to click join on the AT-AT screen at 7?

You can do either. Both methods cause the second screen to load, which is what you need to have happen at 7:00:00am ET or 1:00:00pm ET to get the Join button on the second screen.

Clarification on these screens: If I select Join on the AT-AT screen it goes to the second screen with the DHS golden symbol at the top, correct. However, you say that if we get the pink icon rather than join that means we need to refresh this second screen. My question is should we just get to this second screen BEFORE 7 and then refresh at 7. Or do we really need to click join on the AT-AT screen at 7?
You can do either way. For me, if I click join under ATAT right at 7, I always have the next join and am nearly always successful. If I go early and do refresh, it's more of a tossup if I get it, whereas a lot of other people are successful with the refresh.

Do you have to be in the park at !:00 to get a possible boarding group? What if you go that morning and don't get one and took a midday break. Could you try from your hotel at 1pm since you have already been in the park that day? Thanks

Do you have to be in the park at !:00 to get a possible boarding group? What if you go that morning and don't get one and took a midday break. Could you try from your hotel at 1pm since you have already been in the park that day? Thanks
If you've already entered DHS once on that day, you can try at 1 pm from anywhere.

Merged with RotR No Spoiler thread. Please read post 1 as it clearly displays steps needed.

I have another question about ADRs - I know that if your boarding group gets called during an ADR, you can just show them when you arrive late and they should let you on. What I'm wondering is how long that grace period lasts? I have back to back Oga's 11:15am and Droid Depot 12:05pm and we'd like to grab some quick actual food before those reservations, as well, because we probably won't eat much breakfast. So what happens if we are fortunate to get an AM boarding group and it gets called around 10:30am or 11am? Can we push our arrival time back to 12:30pm, or whenever we finish the Droids?

I actually was able to snag 3 different Oga's times for the same day when the massive extra hours dump happened, but the 11:15am is my favorite. I really like the idea of having a sugary drink after a quick lunch. (I promise that I will release the other two as soon as I finalize my schedule!) Should I plan to do Oga's later in the day so I don't have such a long stretch of time blocked off mid-day? Or do you think it won't be a problem to return 2 hours later after being called, if I show our reservations?

I'm so damn nervous about getting a BG for our trip in early December. This will be most likely our last trip to Disney World for a long time to come.

? is it better to use the APP or do online?

The advice here has been really helpful. Just had a quick question. I’ve seen people recommend having everyone in your party try to get a boarding group. How do we do that? Would I have everyone download the MDE app to their phone and then I log into my account on each phone?

The advice here has been really helpful. Just had a quick question. I’ve seen people recommend having everyone in your party try to get a boarding group. How do we do that? Would I have everyone download the MDE app to their phone and then I log into my account on each phone?
You can do it that way. If any members of your party have their own MDE accounts, they can try from there, as long as they’re linked as F&F to everyone in the party.

I didn’t see this in post #1. If I’m successful in obtaining a boarding group, how do I show the CMs at the entrance that I have a boarding pass? Is something going to appear in MDE? Do I scan my magic band?

I didn’t see this in post #1. If I’m successful in obtaining a boarding group, how do I show the CMs at the entrance that I have a boarding pass? Is something going to appear in MDE? Do I scan my magic band?
Yes. To ride you will need to scan in just as you would previously with a FP.

You would approach one of the CMs who are holding an iPad when your boarding group is called. They will scan your MagicBand before letting you on the ride. :)

We got back last Sunday, and I just yesterday finally turned off my daily alarm set for 12:58 to practice for boarding groups :-). It was kind of a sad reminder every day that our first trip post -covid and first trip as DVC members is now over 😢. But it was fun and we rode twice, on both days that we ended up trying (I wrote about it earlier).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter