Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Son is there today, and ride is down, and has been down, they are not boarding. He got a backup BG, 102, at the 1PM drop, but is not very hopeful he'll get on. I don't know if they've loaded any groups today.
It appears to be back up as they're calling up to group 38 now. Not sure if they'll reach 102 but glad to hear it's running again.

Have there been any recent reports from folks helping friends/family book boarding groups from a distant location? I posted a couple weeks ago that I was able to get boarding groups for my friends from Canada. I logged into their MDE, and got them boarding groups 2 days in a row. I had to 'select all' in order to do so. I keep reading that all family members are automatically selected when booking for yourself in Florida. Has anyone tried my scenario recently, from far away? I wonder if my location was the reason why I had to 'select all'.

Would it be possible for someone to post a video of this so I can see it step by step? I am not tech savvy and don't want to disappoint my little guy!

Got BG 48 this morning! We are at Windsor Hills, and our cellular data connection has been extremely slow (<5 mb), but the wifi is great, so I thought we'd be fine. But this morning when we all tried to load the pages on MDE, it wouldn't work on wifi but did work on data. Any idea why that might happen? (we do have another DHS day) But thankful for a BG even with the very very slow data speed!

Have they changed the way the BG signup process works recently? I went on to practice today, and found that the app now required me to select my party--either by hitting "select all" or selecting individuals. I couldn't hit join (button grayed out) until I did that. I did that quickly and it looked like I would have gotten a BG had I been in the park, but in the past you just kept hitting join and didn't have to select anything. Is this new?--Oh, just looked back and saw that this has been happening to some other folks too. Guess I will be prepared either way when we are there in LESS THAN A MONTH BUT WHO'S COUNTING?!?!

Have they changed the way the BG signup process works recently? I went on to practice today, and found that the app now required me to select my party--either by hitting "select all" or selecting individuals. I couldn't hit join (button grayed out) until I did that. I did that quickly and it looked like I would have gotten a BG had I been in the park, but in the past you just kept hitting join and didn't have to select anything. Is this new?--Oh, just looked back and saw that this has been happening to some other folks too. Guess I will be prepared either way when we are there in LESS THAN A MONTH BUT WHO'S COUNTING?!?!
Post 1 has the latest info on this.

Had my first unsuccessful practice this morning (not counting the day that switched to having to select all). I was out walking so I am chalking this up to bad data. 13 days left to practice!

Got BG 48 this morning! We are at Windsor Hills, and our cellular data connection has been extremely slow (<5 mb), but the wifi is great, so I thought we'd be fine. But this morning when we all tried to load the pages on MDE, it wouldn't work on wifi but did work on data. Any idea why that might happen? (we do have another DHS day) But thankful for a BG even with the very very slow data speed!
I’m in Windsor Hills as well and it’s as if the Wifi in the unit we are using blocked me. Missed the 7am chance and then missed it again at 1pm. So no ride for us but we rope dropped and got Smugglers run in quick.

Yes, they made this change recently but those with park reservations have reported over the past few days that their party is still pre-selected so thankfully it works as it did in the past for those who have park reservations.

I’m in Windsor Hills as well and it’s as if the Wifi in the unit we are using blocked me. Missed the 7am chance and then missed it again at 1pm. So no ride for us but we rope dropped and got Smugglers run in quick.
It's so strange! Wifi is great for everything else - even PhotoPass is loading in a snap - but the virtual queue pages just won't load at all.

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I tried Saturday morning using techniques from post 1 and got stuck because it didn’t automatically select my party even though we all had park reservations. We tried again at 1pm and same thing and we missed out again. I tried again this morning and it worked as it was supposed to with my party preselected and we got BG 24. Happy we were able to get it once during our trip!

What was the boarding window timeframe for those early boarding groups?

The first set of groups (1-8) were called at exactly 8:40am with an hour return time when I was down there July 4th weekend.

I also have a logistical question, since gf and I had a long discussion tonight about our October trip. I’m toying with changing our park pass from MK to HS on our arrival day of 9/30 and I’m wondering how feasible it would be to attempt a BG considering our flight doesn’t land at MCO until 10am. We won’t be taking DME since we’re switching our weekend reservation to the Dolphin. What happens if we land an early group and can’t make it? Would we still be able to scan in later that morning?

The first set of groups (1-8) were called at exactly 8:40am with an hour return time when I was down there July 4th weekend.

I also have a logistical question, since gf and I had a long discussion tonight about our October trip. I’m toying with changing our park pass from MK to HS on our arrival day of 9/30 and I’m wondering how feasible it would be to attempt a BG considering our flight doesn’t land at MCO until 10am. We won’t be taking DME since we’re switching our weekend reservation to the Dolphin. What happens if we land an early group and can’t make it? Would we still be able to scan in later that morning?
Others have reported arriving at the park and explaining their situation. Many have been allowed to ride but it’s not a guarantee.

So when practicing when I hit select all and get to the remove people without a reservation does that mean it was a successful practice ?

Man… two days in a row no luck… I feel like I’m going as fast as possible hitting precisely as I should and no dice. On data Speedtest showed 140 mbps, cleared out phone turned off background app refresh… the only limiting factor is after hitting first join it takes a couple seconds.. then I hit join again and get hit with boarding group full :-( I have 1:00 today and two more attempts tomorrow. Any other suggestions?

Our first try, got boarding group 6. Yay! The only issue is my grandson wasn’t included. I’m assuming they’ll add him on once we’re there?

You need to visit a blue guest services tent and they can get him added.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter