Blueridge parkway

kymom99

DIS Veteran
I am looking at a short trip this spring with a couple friends. We are retired teachers taking advantage of finally getting to travel at times other than summer. We talked about driving part of the blueridge parkway, stopping along the way to see some of the sights. One place I want to spend some time in is Boone, NC.

Does anyone have any suggestions of some good places to stop? We like antiques and history as well as beautiful scenery.

The budget part of this is the less we spend the more trips we can take!

Check out Little Switzerland. It's right off the Parkway. DH & I stayed in the Inn there, and it was really cool & fairly reasonable. If you're going over to Boone, also visit Blowing Rock. We love that area and go frequently. We've driven the Parkway up to VA, and the scenery is beautiful along the way, but we've only ever stayed in Boone/Blowing Rock and Little Switzerland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter