BLT vs. VGF

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
The 1 bedrooms at VGF look pretty amazing but I think that the ability to walk from BLT to MK is still a plus in BLT's column. In what other ways do the 2 resorts have advantages over each other? I have never stayed at GF so am pretty clueless.

The 1 bedrooms at VGF look pretty amazing but I think that the ability to walk from BLT to MK is still a plus in BLT's column. In what other ways do the 2 resorts have advantages over each other? I have never stayed a GF so am pretty clueless.

character meals- toss up but for boys BLT is better
other meals- GF wins
Spa/health club- GF wins
water sports- BLT wins
lobby- GF wins (although we don't know what the villa lobby will look like
storage space- BLT wins- especially in the studio
Living space- GF wins- agin especially in the studio
grounds- GF wins
pools- toss up a bit but I prefer GF

I really like both resorts- we were actually staying at GF when we bought at BLT.

Rebecca

For me one of the least liked things about the GF was all the outer buildings that had outside walks to the main hotel section. If you were in one of the furthest buildings there wasn't much hope of making a quick dash.

For the most part we prefer the restaurants at CR (although that changed a bit when they removed the Concourse Steakhouse) but the TOTWL is better than the lounge at GF. And there's easier access to more dining from BLT (monorail to Poly and GF and boat to WL and FW).

We also prefer the location of CR/BLT on Bay Lake compared to the 7 Seas Lagoon and the access to VWL and FW. I don't like that there isn't boat service to the MK from CR/BLT anymore so give that plus to GF - however that's only because it's impossible to walk so if it's one or the other I would take the walk (come on Disney - fix that!). And being able to walk to the Poly is nice.

Pools are better at GF and so are the grounds and shops IMO. And there is the spa too but that's easy to get to from BLT so it's not a huge plus.

And I did not like the theme of the rooms at GF but VGF is gorgeous looking. Both have convention centers so it is even there. And both have multiple bus stops for locations where that is the transportation however from BLT you can walk to the MK bus stop and catch buses to any resort. From VGF you would monorail or boat over and then walk from the monorail stop to the bus stop.

VGF models look like they actually hired a lighting designer.

In BLT they didn't care about lighting...and who does modern design without a lighting designer?

BLT = Sleeper Chair :thumbsup2
VGF = Pull down/Murphy bed :sad2:

That is the big let down for us in the 1-beds too. With a teenage girl and boy the sleeper chair is essential to us.

The lack of the extra bathroom in the 1-bed is not great either compared to BLT.

I love the look of VGF but I will probably have to wait until we are holidaying alone and then take a studio.

Walking to MK is something else we love. Fighting your way on to the monorail at GF doesn't ever seem fun!

I believe that they are building a covered walkway to the main-building, that's what the artists impression looks like but there doesn't seem much sign of it on the ground yet.:confused3

GF is considered to be Disney's WDW Flagship Resort. For us the theming and decor is much more to our liking than BLT's. The MK is only one monorail stop away.

:earsboy: Bill

The pictures of the villas at VGF are gorgeous! I definitely like the décor better than at BLT. I like the second bath at BLT one bedroom and prefer the sleeper chair over the Murphy bed. I really like being able to walk to MK from BLT.

I am hoping to stay at VGF someday and plan to try booking there when our 7 month window opens this summer and if I can’t get in, I plan to waitlist it. I doubt very much that we will be able to get in, but I’m going to try and keep trying for each trip.

How did I forget the 1 bathroom vs. 2 bathrooms in the 1BR. :confused3 A studio at VGF has more showers than the 1BR. :confused3:confused3:confused3

What are the pro's and cons of the sleeper chair vs the murphy bed? Is one bigger than the other?

Yes, the sleeper chair should be a normal bed size, but observations suggest that the VGF Murphy bed is only 5.5' long

We feel BLT has more convenience when staying there. More convenient to restaraunts, to MK, to the busses for travel to other DVC resorts. We like the "adult" feel of BLT. Two bathrooms in the one bedroom.The points chart is the best thing we like about it!!:thumbsup2

We feel BLT has more convenience when staying there. More convenient to restaraunts, to MK, to the busses for travel to other DVC resorts.

In terms of getting to HS and AK from BLT, is it generally faster to take the monorail to the TTC & the direct buses from there, or to take the bus from the Contemporary?

For me personally BLT is a place for families and GFV for adults. A stay at BLT would be about doing Chef Mickeys, Ohana's and walking to the MK. A stay at GFV would be about bottles of wine on the balcony, dinner at Citricos, Narcosses and Victoria and Alberts.

For me personally BLT is a place for families and GFV for adults. A stay at BLT would be about doing Chef Mickeys, Ohana's and walking to the MK. A stay at GFV would be about bottles of wine on the balcony, dinner at Citricos, Narcosses and Victoria and Alberts.

I agree with this...
BLT is walking to MK with strollers... :rotfl2:
GFV is staying in and strolling leisurely without strollers to the Monorail... :thumbsup2

DPCummerbund said:
In terms of getting to HS and AK from BLT, is it generally faster to take the monorail to the TTC & the direct buses from there, or to take the bus from the Contemporary?

We take the bus from the contemporary. But will take TTC to take direct busses to the DVC resorts. Others may have a better plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter