• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Room Classification Changes

sjaz22

Own at BLT
I see where BLT has moved some rooms from Lake View to Standard View. Can someone shed some light on this for me? We always book Lake View, but now may consider Standard view. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

I have no heard of that. DVC did announce that the 2013 points charts have been adjusted as 10 MK view rooms will be reclassified as standard view. But I have not heard of lake view changes. (but I'm no expert like work2play)

Sorry, you are correct. How could they change MKV to Standard view rooms?

you are right.

no one knows yet since it won't happen until 2013 - it will probably be the 3rd and 4th floors that will now be standard but were MK.

love standard views - they stop at the 5th floor (have a problem with heights). so I would go with standard - that say you need to do these at your 11th month - they go pretty fast.

They changed because anyone who got lower floor MK view rooms complained about how lousy the view was. The change they are making probably still won't be enough. To make the change, they had to lower points for those rooms being changed from MK to standard view point cost and they took what was deducted from those MK rooms and spread it out among the other MK view room and Lake View room categories increasing those a bit so that total points for the year for the resort remained the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter