BLT question

jfish

Earning My Ears
When we were considering which resort to buy in at, the DVC rep was telling us that some of the resorts had been remodeled and thus the owners contracts got extended some years due to the remodel. Does this sound familiar to anyone and if so, do you think that this will ever happen at BLT?

At OKW we had the option of paying to extend our contracts by 15 years. I think they wanted $15pp. I opted out because I don't expect to live to 98.

The offer had nothing to do with the resort being remodeled. That is paid for by annual dues as a part of upkeep.

When we were considering which resort to buy in at, the DVC rep was telling us that some of the resorts had been remodeled and thus the owners contracts got extended some years due to the remodel. Does this sound familiar to anyone and if so, do you think that this will ever happen at BLT?

Buy the resort where you love to stay and you might want to consider buying resale and saving yourself a few thousand dollars. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

One has nothing to do with the other. I don't know what angle the guide was trying but they really didn't know what they were referring to.

BLT is also one of the newer resorts and IF there ever were an extension it's very very unlikely to happen for many years. 2060 isn't even close to being on my radar.

:artist: The option to extend will come with a cost and there is no guarantee DVC will ever offer it at any other resort. That being said you should buy where you want owner 11 Month booking window. Resale is good if you have no interest in using DVC's exclusive Adventurer Collection, Concierge Collection, or The Disney Collection.

Our family looked at BLT a few years back the plusses are location and low dues minus was room sizes were smaller. In the end we added on to our BCV via resale. Did it because that is where we like to stay.

Thanks for the feedback. We did purchase at bay lake about 3 years ago and love it. The impression that I got was that they extended the life of contracts for free but maybe I wasn't paying that much attention or asking enough detail about that because it wasn't a huge deal for me.

Just curious

Thanks for the feedback. We did purchase at bay lake about 3 years ago and love it. The impression that I got was that they extended the life of contracts for free but maybe I wasn't paying that much attention or asking enough detail about that because it wasn't a huge deal for me.

yeah, please be careful about trusting your salesperson (and that's all a "guide" is)...typically they are honest but sometimes they'll stretch and shade things till it starts sounding like a lie to current members...

the OKW extension was overpriced at $25 per pt for pts you couldn't use for 30 years (even if they did offer a discount for a short time for $10 off). resort owners pay annual dues that should cover remodeling costs. it all comes out of your pocket one way or the other.

Every DVC resort has refurbishment scheduled for several times during its life. And it has nothing to do with the expiration date. That is fixed.

At OKW we had the option of paying to extend our contracts by 15 years. I think they wanted $15pp. I opted out because I don't expect to live to 98.

The offer had nothing to do with the resort being remodeled. That is paid for by annual dues as a part of upkeep.

We own at OKW & this is we understood it as well. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter