Blackbeard's Cay Stingray & Beach Adventure...

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done this? We have it booked for our upcoming trip and would love some reviews! Also, would like to know if they take pictures? And if so, what's the cost? I am trying to decide if we need to bring cash? Thanks for any tips or reviews!

Here is my past post.
The adventure starts with a 20 min boat ride to the island. They welcome you to island and will announce when it's time for you to snorkel with the stingrays. You can snorkel with the stingrays for about an hour I'm guessing. I was there for about 30 mins, others stayed longer.
At around 12ish they let you know it's time for you to have lunch (burgers, hotdogs,chips). Shortley after lunch they annouce it's time to feed the stingrays.
You leave the island at 2pm. The beach is nice and clean, my boys age 6 and 9yrs made sand castles while my DH and I basked in the sun. This was a great adventure. We will definitly snorkel with the stingrays again.

Have a great trip.

Echo queen said:
Here is my past post.
The adventure starts with a 20 min boat ride to the island. They welcome you to island and will announce when it's time for you to snorkel with the stingrays. You can snorkel with the stingrays for about an hour I'm guessing. I was there for about 30 mins, others stayed longer.
At around 12ish they let you know it's time for you to have lunch (burgers, hotdogs,chips). Shortley after lunch they annouce it's time to feed the stingrays.
You leave the island at 2pm. The beach is nice and clean, my boys age 6 and 9yrs made sand castles while my DH and I basked in the sun. This was a great adventure. We will definitly snorkel with the stingrays again.

Have a great trip.

Where is this excursion, which cruise offers it? TIA :cool1:

I agree with Echo...we did this excursion in August. Everyone had a great time. You can swim with the stingrays the whole time or leave and enjoy the other beach and then came back whenever you want. Don't miss feeding the stingrays though...lots of fun. They do take pictures, I think it was about $10 for a 5x7, you can pay with cash or credit card and there is also a gift shop that takes cash or CC. The food was better than I expected. Take water or other drinks with you especially if it's hot, you only get 1 can drink with lunch and I didn't see any other place to purchase drinks. This is a DCL sponsered excursion on Nassau. Have fun!! :earsgirl:

samc said:
I agree with Echo...we did this excursion in August. Everyone had a great time. You can swim with the stingrays the whole time or leave and enjoy the other beach and then came back whenever you want. Don't miss feeding the stingrays though...lots of fun. They do take pictures, I think it was about $10 for a 5x7, you can pay with cash or credit card and there is also a gift shop that takes cash or CC. The food was better than I expected. Take water or other drinks with you especially if it's hot, you only get 1 can drink with lunch and I didn't see any other place to purchase drinks. This is a DCL sponsered excursion on Nassau. Have fun!! :earsgirl:

O.K. this may sound bad BUT....can we pack a cooler that has "adult beverages"??? My dh and I are doing this next week and I am thinking that a nice cold beer may be very much enjoyed while sitting on the beach! Hey, ya know, no kids this trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter