• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Black tap strategy

GenGen22

DIS Veteran
We were wanting to eat at Black tap on our upcoming trip in July. When I went to look at reservations I found that they don't have reservations. Is there a better time to go for dinner where we wouldn't have to wait too long? What's everyone's experience or suggestions? At home we usually eat dinner around 8pm due to commuting and my work schedule so, dining late is definitely an option if that would help with lower wait times. Please let me know what you experience or thoughts are.

We were there last week 6/14, and had splitsville reservation at 7:15. We could see the blacktap line out the door. By the time we were done, a little after 8 I believe, there was a line still but only inside the restaurant (we got crazy shakes at the outdoor window). I think if you’re okay eating later, the line will be shorter because a lot of people eat earlier. Have a great trip!!

We were there last week 6/14, and had splitsville reservation at 7:15. We could see the blacktap line out the door. By the time we were done, a little after 8 I believe, there was a line still but only inside the restaurant (we got crazy shakes at the outdoor window). I think if you’re okay eating later, the line will be shorter because a lot of people eat earlier. Have a great trip!!
Maybe I should just wait until our October trip... I guess I'll have to stop by and see. I've eaten at the one in Las Vegas and wanted my daughter to experience it. The burgers are really good.

I would at least stop by and see what the line is like! Others who have actually ate thee may have a better view to offer than me. My husband wanted to eat there because he loves a good burger but we didn’t want to wait in line on arrival day (after a long day of driving).

I would at least stop by and see what the line is like! Others who have actually ate thee may have a better view to offer than me. My husband wanted to eat there because he loves a good burger but we didn’t want to wait in line on arrival day (after a long day of driving).
Yeah I'll check it out. I dont really want to wait in a long line either that's why I usually make a reservation.

Where are you staying? We were at the DLH and stopped in on our way back from the park for a break. They told us it was a 90+ minute wait. We gave them our phone number and they texted when the table was ready. By then we had washed up and were ready to head back out. You could also use that time to walk around DD if you are staying on property.

Where are you staying? We were at the DLH and stopped in on our way back from the park for a break. They told us it was a 90+ minute wait. We gave them our phone number and they texted when the table was ready. By then we had washed up and were ready to head back out. You could also use that time to walk around DD if you are staying on property.
We're not staying on property however we could always shop while waiting if they do have a text option. Thanks for the tip!

Not trying to discourage you from going, but I ignored the reviews and didn’t have a very good experience.

I wasn’t really concerned about the prices, it’s Disney after all but the quality of the burgers wasn’t that great. I prefer medium rare but wasn’t allowed to have my burger cooked to my liking. It was way overdone, dry and all of the flavor had been cooked out of it. Fries were ok and nothing special. Timing was off with the shakes. I asked if they could be brought at the end of our meal but was told they arrive “whenever.” Well, they arrived five minutes after the burgers, so they were a melty, dripping mess by the time we could get to them.

For us, the long wait wasn’t worth it, one and done for us.

Not trying to discourage you from going, but I ignored the reviews and didn’t have a very good experience.

I wasn’t really concerned about the prices, it’s Disney after all but the quality of the burgers wasn’t that great. I prefer medium rare but wasn’t allowed to have my burger cooked to my liking. It was way overdone, dry and all of the flavor had been cooked out of it. Fries were ok and nothing special. Timing was off with the shakes. I asked if they could be brought at the end of our meal but was told they arrive “whenever.” Well, they arrived five minutes after the burgers, so they were a melty, dripping mess by the time we could get to them.

I really liked the burger I had at the Las Vegas location. I have to have my burger well done so to me that sounds good. But when the shakes arrive is somewhat alarming. I dont know why they would expect you to get them before dinner is done since they are clearly a dessert. That's insane. I'm sorry you were treated that way. My experience was better but it wasn't busy when I went to the LV location either.

Last edited:
I really liked the burger I had at the Las Vegas location. I have to have my burger well done so to me that sounds good. But when the shakes arrive is somewhat alarming. I dont know why they would expect you to get then before dinner is done since they are clearly a dessert. That's insane. I'm sorry you were treated that way. My experience was better but it wasn't busy when I went to the LV location either.
I went about two weeks after it opened. I loved the burger. If they wouldn't cook it the way I like, then i wouldn't have ordered it. Also, I didn't get a shake but the guy that brought our food said we could order one from our table if we changed our mind and wanted one and to just ask him.

“the shakes arrive whenever” WOW. Yeah, no. Now we know to order at the end of your meal or at the take out window!

We went several weeks ago, so maybe they’ve been tweaking their process. Hope you have a good experience and if you do, please post your review. I’d possibly give them a second chance especially since they allow you to order shakes from the table which I wasn’t told was an option.

Have a great trip.😊

... For us, the long wait wasn’t worth it, one and done for us.
Same for us and we did order our shakes from the take out window. 45 minutes for regular/non-fancy shakes and CMs who were pretty clueless about allergy procedures and ingredients. The shakes, when they finally arrived, were fine, but not worth the long wait or the high price.

It's kind of a california thing to eat your burger and fries with a shake. My daughter and her friends like to dip their fries in there (shudder). When we were there a couple of weeks ago, there was a pretty minimal line at lunch, and it never extended beyond the front door. We were eating at Uva and had a pretty good view of the foot traffic. Ballast Point looked busier. Maybe go at lunch? This was on a Friday - could be a different story on the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter