Black Friday

darren123

Mouseketeer
We will arrive on Friday the 26th of November and it will be Black Friday does anyone have any tips on where to shop and what great saving did you get we are mostly looking at getting clothes shoes camera and ipad
Thanks

I'm from the US and black Friday's are crazy wild here. If you are not in line at say 1 am for a 7 am opening, you won't get what you are looking for. The electronics are always hot and go first. If you are mostly looking for clothing you should be ok. I don't usually shop BF's for anything other than great electronics deals because the crowds are not worth it to me. If you start browsing the community board around September, you will probably start seeing people post about the deals. Bottom line is, if you can't be at a store VERY early to wait, then much of the hot items are gone. They have very limited quantity available on electronics. People actually camp out over night to do this; I'm not one of them!

Its the day after Thanksgiving I think and its the US version of our boxing day sales.

Yes it is the Friday after our Thanksgiving. It is THE day to get the seasons best buys for gift giving. However, it has gotten to be violent. People get trampled and die, people fight over items, I have to really, really want something to go out (electronics wise). My kids are not old enough to want clothes yet but I think black Friday's are great for those deals and you don't risk your life getting them.

My experience with Black Friday is that malls are actually good places to go. You don't have the trample scenarios that you might see at places like Best Buy and it does not require you to spend the night in line. We usually show up at the mall about 30 minutes before the stores open and we have found great deals on clothing and shoes at Macy's. Also I would recommend getting a local newspaper with the ads then you can plan what you want and from where. The other option is to cruise the community board on here because a lot of stores offer online sales as well. That might be a better option for electronics as the electronics stores are the ones that get really crazy.

We arrive the day before black Friday, so we get to go to the sales :cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2:(can you tell I am a little excited about that :cheer2:).

I think when we first arrive we are going to stay at a hotel that is across the road from The Grove/Farmers Market. If anyone is familiar with that area, do you know if there are any great malls or shopping centres around there. I know there is obviously The Grove but whilst it's great it's not so big. So if there are any other shopping centres around there we will probably go and check them out.

Also, do Beverly Hills, Melrose and places like that also have sales, or do the people that shop there have so much money that the shops don't need to bother having a sale :rotfl:

Thanks guys

xxx

Thanks for the tips might just stick with getting clothes and shoes and leave the camera ipad to another day anyway the camera I want is USD$216 compared to the AUD$420 they want here so normal price is still very good buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter