Bittersweet last trip

We lost my FIL to prostate cancer last April. One of my biggest regrets is that we could never convince him to join us at WDW. He insisted on thinking it was like DL, and he had been there, done that.

As others have said, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, and I sincerely hope you'll be creating wonderful treasured memories about your father and family enjoying each other and a magical place to the fullest.

As I read your post I knew in the pit of my stomach what was coming...pancreatic cancer. Five years ago we lost my husband's father to that illness at the age of 54. The speed with which it seems to attack is both a blessing and a curse....less time he will suffer, but less time to savor being with your precious father. What a wonderful gift for your family to have this trip together! I pray that it will be a time of peace and joy and family love. One of the last things my father-in-law asked my husband to do was to make certain we took our sons (then 2 and 3) to WDW....we have made 4 visits in the last 5 years, and my dh's heart is touched by warm memories of his dad each time we are there.

Sending prayers,
Elizabeth

Carrie - your family and especially your father are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you all have a very magical trip! I think it is wonderful that the whole family was able to make the trip. You will gain wonderful memories to never be forgotten b/c of this trip. Be sure to take lots of pictures of everyone and especially your Dad enjoying himself. I think when the time comes you will all be so glad you had one last really awesome vacation together! Stay strong for your father and enjoy!!!

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you have a wonderful stay at Disney.

Carrie -

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I can honestly say "I know what you are going through". I lost my Mom to pancreatic cancer in December 1998. She was 61 years old.
She started feeling ill in October - had an endoscopy in January - was told she had H. Pylori (the bacteria that causes ulcers) and was put on Rx - started feeling worse instead of better and was losing weight very rapidly - had a Cat Scan in April that showed the tumor in her pancreas. She started chemo in May and passed away in December.

I am so glad your family is doing your Disney trip. How that will be a source of comfort to you in the future. My family had always talked about doing a trip together to Ocean City, MD - we went there every summer as kids - but unfortunately we never did it - we just talked about it. How I wish we had done it.

I wish you and your family the best.

Debbie

Your're in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm so happy that you are all able to go to Disney one last time again with your Dad.
If I was dieing that is what I would want to do too.
I tried to talk my own dad into going to Disney, when he was dieding, Because he had never gone to Disney . But he wouldnt go. he Said he had a friend that said that everyone should go to Disney at least once in their life, before they died and his friend died.
So my dad spent 6 months in hospital after hospital looking for anyone to give him hope.
He didnt live any longer than the Doctors gave him but he could have made better choices on living his life.
A hospital is the last choice to me.
I would want to live at home with my love ones.
And if god wills it , I will get one last time at Disney with my children and Grandchildren.
I pray that you all enjoy your trip... Make tons of memories to help you thru the hard times in life.
cherish life and live it to the fullest.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. PLEASE enjoy your time together. I am so glad your dad is getting to enjoy WDW. God bless!

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Glad you got to take this last trip together as a family.

My prayers are with your father, your mother and all of you. I'm sure this trip will be very magical and provide all of you with priceless memories. Pixie dust and peace.

You are in the perfect place to have a magical time with your family. The memories of this trip will make you and your family laugh and smile for the rest of your lives because the magic of this trip will always be there to share.

I was a teenager when I lost both my parents and what I remember most is our wonderful vacations with so much quality time with no outside everyday interruptions.

God Bless you and your family. I will put your father on our prayer list at church. I don't need his name God already has it.

Kathy

I hope your trip went well. I'm sure each moment is painful, yet wonderful. You will have some wonderful memories as a family. I will continue to keep you, yoour dad, and your family in my prayers. BethA

Bittersweet, but so great that you could all be together in WDW. And I'm sure your dad is glad that you didn't cancel!

God bless.

Thinking of you and wishing you and yours a wonderful time. God bless you. Terri in PA

I have tears in my eyes after reading your post. Part because of the loss that you are your family are going to experience and part because of the happiness that you have such a close family and will have wonderful memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter