Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

:lmao: Oh man!! that was clever!

I've been MIA again. terribly so. But I read quite a bit over Mom's shoulder so I didn't miss ALL of the updates, I just didn't post.

Bonus Feature 5 - The Sequel: What the future holds.

Before I complete this final installment, it only seems fitting to pause and give thanks to those who have helped to make this TR such a joy to write. I am speaking of course of you, the readers. I had no idea when this project first began whether or not I would have anyone actually following along or not. Over the past year, I have gotten to know many new faces, and been blessed to interact with some awesome folks. Some of you have been around since the very beginning, some have come and gone and some are new friends. To all of you, I express my heartfelt thanks for reading along with me and posting back your thoughts. It's been a fantastic ride and you have all played a huge role in that.

Taking a cue from Mrs._The_King, I thought it fitting to pause and recognize each of the 127 DIS'ers who have posted here and give a shout out to those writing their own trip reports. (If you are writing one and I missed you, PLEASE let me know and I'll update it post hastily.)

# of replies / Poster / TR - PTR
91 All7OfUs || PTR
88 jordanyosh || TR
69 Backstage_Gal
69 brookelizabeth || TR
62 PrincessV
57 burly
55 whogirl'smom
47 AshClan
46 eandesmom || PTR
41 chicagoshannon
40 Sleepingbooty || PTR
39 englishrose47 || TR
39 jcc0621
35 vamassey1 || TR
34 Millie12591
30 MrsSpratt
26 Kimberly815
25 MKBekka
23 joleen76
21 Rebecuberduber || TR
19 bedillamouse
19 Diamondintheruff || TR
19 Mrs._The_King
19 praisehisname || TR
19 SunnieRN
19 Winkers || TR
18 Normangirls || TR
17 Beka
17 DisneyMomLiz
17 shebaxric
15 Connie96
14 glennbo123 || PTR
14 pipersmom || PTR
12 topdog || PTR
12 Vexorg
11 hucifer || TR
11 KittyKat08
11 Nana & Papa Biscuit
10 FauntleroyFan07 || PTR
10 Sooze || PTR
8 daze
8 ZZUB
7 norybell || TR
7 PrncessA || TR || PTR
6 carissanboys || PTR
6 coffeehousemom
6 feedthebirds
5 eliz991 || TR
5 mybestieismickey
4 ashleypmo
4 dillydilly
4 Disneymom3304
4 DisneyNutMary
4 poolrat
4 ThreeTinks
3 *Seanaci*
3 angelmav
3 Cruising Spud
3 kschafer
3 mebbradley || TR
3 My2Qtz0205
3 orangecats2
3 PurpleTurtle
3 Sarahboo
3 shann || TR
3 Sorsha
2 BLLB
2 campingdawgs
2 chunkymonkey
2 dallastxcpa
2 DiningPlanDevastator
2 honeydiane1953
2 java
2 Lisalonglash
2 MaryAz
2 mrp4352
2 OhMari
2 Pinkpony
2 Poohgirl521
2 sfacowgirl87
2 skippyman111
2 stinkerbell007
2 TaraLee4
2 TillyMarigold
2 TupperMom7
2 Wish I Was At WDW
2 ZephyrHawk
1 1000thhappyhaunt
1 acejka
1 BabyPiglet
1 BellaSoleil
1 bethk78
1 BewwyBootiful
1 bjscheel
1 bluehouse
1 carrieannie
1 debsters41
1 Disneyfan71
1 Dixie_lolly
1 FarAway<3
1 Ferry_Joy
1 GBShorts
1 Geistmeister
1 HicksWDW
1 hippiechicken
1 Jessie888
1 jjk
1 JLR || PTR
1 jpmom97
1 Jupiter&Wolfe
1 lurkyloo || TR
1 MAJ_RN
1 mblc14
1 mikkiwikki
1 mothergoose
1 MrsWendyLady
1 NMW
1 NorweJenNY
1 not_Joanna_eggs
1 PittypatBR
1 Pooh's-Honey-Pot
1 pooh'smate
1 Rozz
1 stace208
1 tiggerbell || TR
1 william4192
1 xoktenox

Thank you all!

The subject of a return visit is both a source of hope and frustration. Before we went on this trip, Tracy and I had very differing opinions on The World. She saw it as a "Get it out of your system" type trip, while I saw it more as "establishing a precedent". Before we left, we had a couple of brief discussions about our possible return. The general feeling then was that it would be a good 10 years or so. (When the girls were in high school.) While we were at The World, Tracy surprised me one day by advising that we needed to aim to come back in 5. On our last day, she said we needed to try to come back in three. So our goal at that time was to return the summer of 2012, with the hope of coming with Tracy's sister and her family.

It would look something like this:

When: June 2012 for 10 days
Where: Pop Century
What: Park Hoppers, Disney Dining Plan, Peeps fest
Cast: Myself, Tracy, Tahli & Hailee / Nick and Tammy and their daughters Niki & Sammie.

That's the dream. The reality is that I don't see how we are going to be able to do it. With the continued cutbacks at work, my salary is going in the wrong direction. If we have to plan a trip with the current budget, it will NOT happen. So I'm hoping and praying that as life moves forward, our circumstances will change.

In short, the answer to the question of "Will there be a Sequel" is yes. As to the question of when, well the official response is "I don't know." But if this trip has taught me anything, it is that life has a way of bringing about the unexpected, both good and bad. For now, I wait and hope we will have an opportunity to return in 2012.

As to any other details, no I have not started The Plan 4.0, nor determined if or when I'll do a PTR. I'm guessing if it happens, I'll try to post a PTR in Jan of 2012. In the mean time, I'll still be writing. I've been occasionally writing devotionals for our church and plan to do them more frequently now. I"m also working on a project for the 2010 San Antonio Christian Film Festival. In 2007, I directed a documentary that placed as a finalist and this time I am writing a story treatment. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for reading along my friends. I'll ask the mod's to move this to the Completed Board at the beginning of next week. It's been an awesome ride.
In honor of ZZUB... :moped:

[Want to read our next adventure? Season 8 can be found here.]

Last edited:

How sweet of you to post links to everyone's PTRs and TRs. :goodvibes I have a PTR going (link in my signature - Magical Journey).

I had to laugh when I read that your wife thought the trip would be a "get it out of your system" type of trip. I'm sure my husband thought the same thing on our first, second, and third trips. :rolleyes1 After our last trip he really wanted to take some time off from WDW. But, somehow I have convinced him to join me for a couple's only trip in January. I think it's the lure of alone time with just me. ;)

Thanks for a truly great report. :thumbsup2

How sweet of you to post links to everyone's PTRs and TRs. :goodvibes I have a PTR going (link in my signature - Magical Journey).

I had to laugh when I read that your wife thought the trip would be a "get it out of your system" type of trip. I'm sure my husband thought the same thing on our first, second, and third trips. :rolleyes1 After our last trip he really wanted to take some time off from WDW. But, somehow I have convinced him to join me for a couple's only trip in January. I think it's the lure of alone time with just me. ;)

Thanks for a truly great report. :thumbsup2
I just added the link! Thanks for reading along! I don't think there is such as thing as purging The World from one's system. I'll be along shortly to check out your PTR.

I love it

10 years

5 years

3 years

Be forewarned. Jeff was on the 3-5 year plan and he's migrated all on his own to 18 months!

So very very sad it is ending and I submit a vote, make it a call for a June '11 as the appropriate time for a trip that may never be PTR to commence. Or a trip will be, just maybe not be on those dates.

Or that year

The trip that will be or not to be?

What was the question?

:goodvibes

So very very sad it is ending and I submit a vote, make it a call for a June '11 as the appropriate time for a trip that may never be PTR to commence. Or a trip will be, just maybe not be on those dates.

It can be done. I had a PTR called, "A PTR for a Camping Trip That Might Never Be." :rolleyes1 It was started far in advance of when I was thinking about going and it ended up turning into something totally different.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful journey!popcorn:: So happy that the Biscuit clan enjoyed POP as much as we did:goodvibes Heres hoping that 2012 sees all of you in Disney again:thumbsup2 I look forward to another great trip report from you when the time comes:woohoo:

That was very nice to list all of your posters and link to their TRs and PTRs. :thumbsup2

It is an understatement to say that this was a great report you put together GB. It was amazing. I think you made us laugh and get misty in each and every installment....and that was just the food discussions.

Here's some pixie dust that your next trip is sooner, rather than later. pixiedust:

I completely understand about waiting to see where things go before planning another trip. Our plan is 2013 (Ds will be 8) but that is if we are good about doing what we are doing now in regards to paying things (Creddit Cards:sick:) off and really budgeting.

If/when you do write another PTR/TR I will be here to read along:thumbsup2

GB, that was so great of you to post all of your posters and their respective (P)TRs! :goodvibes Thank you again for sharing your journey with us! The stories, the pictures, all incredible!

Here's some pixiedust: so that your next trip is sooner rather than later! Blessings for you and the Biscuit clan!

I have just finished reading your final Post-trip chapter. I loved that you put a picture of a motor cycle (more likely a scooter) at the end. It made me laugh because all along I have been thinking "What a ride!"
I am mostly just a lurker reading steadily, commenting occassionally. Today I wished I could have been in at the beginning, to become a member of the daily readers and posters.
Of course, as a Johnny Come lately, I got to read almost to the end without any delays!
I will miss having the Biscuit's trip report to look forward to. But as a reader I want to say a big THANK YOU for sharing not just your trip, but a part of your life. :cheer2:

Thank you for this awesome and most excellently organized trip report. I loved it! I am hopeful something will happen to enable the earlier trip for you. I wish I could convey how helpful your report was to me: in planning, in enhancing our anticipation, in just plain enjoyment, and in helping to prepare me to have the right attitude - enjoy the time with my DD!

My first trip to the world is in 49 days, but we are already planning for 2012 as well.....

I can't even begin to imagine how long it took you to do that! Thank you for paying tribute to us... believe me, it has been our HONOR to read along with your adventures.

I'm not even too sad it's over, because I still have a lot of back-reading to do!! I guess I'll just have to PM you my responses, since this will probably be on the completed board by then!

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing. I sure hope you are blessed with surprises that ensure your quick return to the World!! Take care, GB!!

I love it

10 years

5 years

3 years

Be forewarned. Jeff was on the 3-5 year plan and he's migrated all on his own to 18 months!

Or that year

The trip that will be or not to be?

What was the question?

:goodvibes
Hmmm…the indefinite TR….that has possibilities.

It can be done. I had a PTR called, "A PTR for a Camping Trip That Might Never Be." :rolleyes1 It was started far in advance of when I was thinking about going and it ended up turning into something totally different.
Awesome! I’ll have to consider it.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful journey!popcorn:: So happy that the Biscuit clan enjoyed POP as much as we did:goodvibes Heres hoping that 2012 sees all of you in Disney again:thumbsup2 I look forward to another great trip report from you when the time comes:woohoo:
It has been my pleasure. Pop was such a fun resort. Not a all what I expected, but better.

That was very nice to list all of your posters and link to their TRs and PTRs. :thumbsup2

It is an understatement to say that this was a great report you put together GB. It was amazing. I think you made us laugh and get misty in each and every installment....and that was just the food discussions.

Here's some pixie dust that your next trip is sooner, rather than later. pixiedust:
Thanks Glenn! I appreciate you reading along. Looking forward to hearing about your expensive “free” trip!

I completely understand about waiting to see where things go before planning another trip. Our plan is 2013 (Ds will be 8) but that is if we are good about doing what we are doing now in regards to paying things (Creddit Cards:sick:) off and really budgeting.

If/when you do write another PTR/TR I will be here to read along:thumbsup2
I hear you. Dave Ramsey is not big on Disney trips before completing the steps. (I may have to break ranks though.)

GB, that was so great of you to post all of your posters and their respective (P)TRs! :goodvibes Thank you again for sharing your journey with us! The stories, the pictures, all incredible!

Here's some pixiedust: so that your next trip is sooner rather than later! Blessings for you and the Biscuit clan!
Thanks so much! I appreciate you reading along am glad you enjoyed it.

I have just finished reading your final Post-trip chapter. I loved that you put a picture of a motor cycle (more likely a scooter) at the end. It made me laugh because all along I have been thinking "What a ride!"
I am mostly just a lurker reading steadily, commenting occassionally. Today I wished I could have been in at the beginning, to become a member of the daily readers and posters.
Of course, as a Johnny Come lately, I got to read almost to the end without any delays!
I will miss having the Biscuit's trip report to look forward to. But as a reader I want to say a big THANK YOU for sharing not just your trip, but a part of your life. :cheer2:
Thanks! The “farting scooter” was a trademark of an old DIS friend who no longer haunts these halls. (Well, maybe he still haunts them, he just doesn’t communicate with the mortals.) Sometimes, coming at the end is best as it lets you skip all the waiting. The downside is you miss all the banter which is what makes the DIS such a fun place to be.

Thank you for this awesome and most excellently organized trip report. I loved it! I am hopeful something will happen to enable the earlier trip for you. I wish I could convey how helpful your report was to me: in planning, in enhancing our anticipation, in just plain enjoyment, and in helping to prepare me to have the right attitude - enjoy the time with my DD!

My first trip to the world is in 49 days, but we are already planning for 2012 as well.....
It’s been my pleasure. I’m glad I was able to help with your trip. I hope it’s a GREAT one! (You need to do a TR and tell us how it goes!) I added a link to your PTR and will be along to read it soon.

I can't even begin to imagine how long it took you to do that! Thank you for paying tribute to us... believe me, it has been our HONOR to read along with your adventures.

I'm not even too sad it's over, because I still have a lot of back-reading to do!! I guess I'll just have to PM you my responses, since this will probably be on the completed board by then!

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing. I sure hope you are blessed with surprises that ensure your quick return to the World!! Take care, GB!!
Hey Sooze! Thanks so much for putting up with me. I look forward to hearing form you via PM. Here’s to hoping for those surprises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter