• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday pins??

ohiominnie

<font color=teal>It's interesting when you google
We were just on the Wonder and celebrated my neice's birthday (which she was very unimpressed about, but that's another post)....

It wasn't until after we disembarked that I remembered something about an "It's my Birthday" pin that you are supposed to get. (don't know if it's been done recently, but I know I've seen it in the pin books)

Was she supposed to get this? If so, I'll call DCL about it, but thought I'd check here first.

TIA!!

We got them in October of 2002. That's a while ago so things could have changed but it's a starting point.

We celebrated my DD's 6th on board the Wonder & she got a pin with her cake. Its a round, burgandy pin with "Disney Cruise Line" at the top & "I'm Celebrating" on the bottom. There's a picture of Captain Mickey & Minnie in the middle. Either the head server or our waiter gave it to her. There was also a couple celebrating their anniversary at our table & they got the same pin. Hope this helps!

My husband receive one on the March 29, 2003 cruise. I asked our head server, wonderful Stephanie (the best Head Server we ever had!) from France and she said she would try to find one that they were no longer giving them. She did find two and presented them to my husband and zyezye at our table. They were both celebrating birthdays. We have cruised for four anniversaries and never received a pin.

My son got one in 10/02. My wife did not in 8/03. We asked, I believe the service desk, about the pin for my wife and was told to ask the Head Waiter. They bought out a cake, but that was it.

I have celebrate three bday's on DCL (with nubmer four comming up) I only got a pin on the first one...

DH celebrated his 50th birthday on the Magic: wonderful cake appeared - along with Server Choir! Head Server gave him TWO 25yr Disney Pins! Hope they do the same for me next cruise!:Pinkbounc Nat

I really think it makes a difference on who your server and head server are, the better they are , the better your celebration will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter