birthday party favor bags

mad hatter fan

DIS Veteran
What age do most kids stop giving these out at parties? We are spending more than usual on the party itself (at a small indoor waterpark/playground). My daughter is turning 11. At what age is typical to not give out party favor bags anymore, especially when the party involves a big activity? I'm considering not doing it for $ reasons. My older son is 15 and hasn't given them out for a number of years but I can't remember when we stopped. :confused3

I would say whenever you want to stop

You could always do a pinata so they take home some candy but dont feel bad if there are no goody bags

I stopped at 6 for DD7. We did a big out door pool rental for her 6th birthday and I figured you swam, ate and had fun that was enough. For her 7th birthday we did build a bear- they each got a bear.

For DD5's 6th birthday next month we won't. We are having a roller skating party and I figured the entertainment and food were more than enough for the guests.

I'm also tired of having all the little junk and candy in my house. I end up throwing it all away after it gets moved from my car to room to room to room.

If you are giving something useful like a book great but no more little junk bags!

My daughter is 12 and most people haven't been doing them for around 2 years we did a candy bar with a custom wrapper.

I still do a bit of candy and/or gum. For the teenagers, I put it out in a big bowl for them to grab as they want it...not so much as they are leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter