Birthday dinner at BOG

Tawnyafitz

Earning My Ears
Hi. We will be having dinner at BOG on my daughter’s 31st Birthday. She has never been here. Is there anything special that I can request? Should I call ahead?
Thank you!

When you check in, tell them you are celebrating a birthday. They will bring out a cupcake with a candle in in and a birthday card from Belle.

I believe things like birthday cupcakes are technically “pixie dust,” and not guaranteed, though I do believe they are quite likely in Magic Kingdom.

If you want to go the route of buying a celebration dessert to ensure you get one (or for something a little more special), every Magic Kingdom restaurant has a special paid dessert you can pre-order for celebrations. These cost $15 and must be ordered beforehand. Information can be found here:
https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/
I got the link from the stickied cake thread.

I don’t personally think BOGs special option here is as nice as some of the other birthday options, though a chocolate rose filled with grey stuff does sound nice!

If you’re with a larger group or just really like cake, you can also order a Happy Birthday Mickey Dome cake. You’ll find the link to information for those in that same link. They’re $35, but they’re adorable.

The downside, frankly, to either of these options is that Be Our Guest is now a Prix Fixe meal that includes an already adorable dessert. It is nice to get someone something special for their birthday, so if she’s a big fan of dessert I say go for it anyway and have double dessert. If not, just appreciate the cutest little Chip cup made of white chocolate and filled with the grey stuff. Maybe get a special dessert at one of your other meals that day (or at some other point in the trip).

When you check in, tell them you are celebrating a birthday. They will bring out a cupcake with a candle in in and a birthday card from Belle.
When I went for my birthday I got free desserts everywhere except for BOG. They did absolutely nothing, barely said happy birthday.

Although Disney tries to make celebrations memorable, you cannot bank of them doing something. I believe you can order a cake through them to be delivered, which I've heard are really delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter