Birthday Button

jenbright

Mouseketeer
This might be an odd question... Leaving for Disneyland tomorrow and my son's birthday is on Sunday. Do people get a birthday button and wear it for their whole trip? Or is it better to wear just on your actual birthday? Sunday will be a partial park day for us. Then we have a return trip in Oct that is 5 days prior to my older son's birthday. I realize this is probably personal preference, but the DIS group experience is so helpful.

As long as your son(s) don't mind being wished a happy birthday for the whole trip, then go ahead and have them wear it! Worst case scenario is that if you have multiple table service venues in your vacation plans, they may get several little birthday treats to devour... I enjoyed many a free chocolate cupcake this way. Haha!

Last edited:
I've been to disney once on my actual birthday, so I decided to wear the button. I did not get any special free items, and I think a couple people wished me a happy birthday. This was in MK though, maybe it's different in Disneyland. I would not go with any expectations though. It may be there are too many birthday buttons at this point.

It's up to your son if he wants to wear the button for one day or the entire trip. I don't like being the center of attention, so after wearing the button for one day, I took it off. 😆

Totally up to you. People even wear them when its a birthday trip but not their actual birthday. I've wished kids wearing a birthday button happy birthday in line more than once and had them say something back like my birthday was 3 months ago :rotfl2:

As others have alluded to though, the novelty can wear off fast. Especially kids will get wished Happy Birthday by nearly every CM who sees them as well as other park guests. My oldest DD made it about 4 hours on her 8th birthday before she begged me to take it off. When we just went for her 14th she wanted to get a button as a keepsake but wouldn't wear it. ;) My youngest, however, wore it for a full 3 day weekend trip and loved every minute of the attention.

This might be an odd question... Leaving for Disneyland tomorrow and my son's birthday is on Sunday. Do people get a birthday button and wear it for their whole trip? Or is it better to wear just on your actual birthday? Sunday will be a partial park day for us. Then we have a return trip in Oct that is 5 days prior to my older son's birthday. I realize this is probably personal preference, but the DIS group experience is so helpful.
We wear celebration buttons every day of our trip. More fun that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter