Birthday at Disney? Do you have pictures of cakes etc?

Beauty said:
I had thought about booking the fireworks cruise for his b'day but then I thought, DS would rather have that money to spend on something special. Its about $250 if I remember correctly for the Cruise and the B'day add on. I don't mind spending an extra $50-$75 for balloons, cake, Pal Mickey or something like that but he would rather spend the firework cruise money.

If you were coming a week earlier we could share the Cruise. I would love to do a Wishes one. We've done the Illuminations in the past and it was excellent!

I have a birthday cruise booked for my son on 9/24, I don't know how long your family will be there for, but I'd be happy to add your son's name to the cake if you'd like to join us. We are only a party of 3 so we have plenty of room.

:flower: ,
Katie

Just in case anyone is interested I called about the princess cakes...
the prices were
$12.50 6 inch nothing special on it
$25.00 8 inch (feeds 8)
$40.00 10 inch (feeds 15)

$15.00 to add chocolate (to any other than the 6 in)with the princess on it...she said that is what they normally do for a princess cake...I would love to see some pics though...:)

figured out how to post a picture! At the bottom of my sig. is DD's second b-day cake from 1900 Park Fair at GF! :)

Sazzo'sMommy said:
figured out how to post a picture! At the bottom of my sig. is DD's second b-day cake from 1900 Park Fair at GF! :)

Did you ask for anything in particular??

I ordered a cake for my daughter's birthday last year. We had dinner at 1900 Park Faire. I had to call the restaraunt directly (Disney dining can give you the number) two weeks before I wanted the cake. It was chocolate with chocolate frosting. It said Happy Birthday Erin and had Mickey shaped sprinkles. I paid $12.50 and they just added it to my bill that night. The waitress brought it out with a lit candle and a tiara for my daughter. She also stayed to sing with me which was really nice since it was just the two of us.
I will try to post a picture but have never done it before so wish me luck! :)

TNMomof3 said:
That Mickey cake from the Boardwalk Bakery is so cute! :goodvibes

Here's a pic of what we got for my DD at the Beach Club Villas. I ordered it from dining at the Beach Club and it was in our room when we arrived at the hotel. :) They had it set up really nicely with plates, napkins, flatware, streamers, horns, balloons, hats, and a card signed by the characters. I thought they did a terrific job. The cake was the best I've ever had anywhere! It was chocolate with layers of custard and fresh strawberries. The icing was butter cream. :love:

BCVcake.jpg
Im staying in BCV in October, and will be celebrating my daughter's birthday. When do you call to order the cake, and what number do you call?
Thanks! :flower:

Well I give up trying to post a picture! I did manage to get it onto the DIS gallery page though if anybody wants to see it. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to get it on here.

I just ordered a cake for my dd's 4th b-day this coming august!! I got a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and buttercream icing. I also am having and Alice and Wonderland theme put on it! the cake is not going to be cheap but I think my dd's look when she see's it will make it seems priceless. the cake of coming from the GF bakery they said it's a 10 cake for $40 then $30 for the alice theme decorations! but they will delivery it to the room and set it up with balloons!! I can't wait for August so we can get there and start our vacation!!!!

Susiev25 said:
I just ordered a cake for my dd's 4th b-day this coming august!! I got a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and buttercream icing. I also am having and Alice and Wonderland theme put on it! the cake is not going to be cheap but I think my dd's look when she see's it will make it seems priceless. the cake of coming from the GF bakery they said it's a 10 cake for $40 then $30 for the alice theme decorations! but they will delivery it to the room and set it up with balloons!! I can't wait for August so we can get there and start our vacation!!!!

Which phone number did you call to get the cake & balloons delivered to the room? We're staying at POP do you think they can deliver it there as well????

Here's the birthday cupcake they brought me at 1900 Park Fare last year.
It is pretty cute & didn't cost anything extra. They also brought the Happy Birthday tiara & a place mat.
701802004-Blowing_out_my_candles-37th_Bday-med.JPG

Last year DD was a huge fan of Suzy Mouse from Cinderella, so we ate at 1900 Park Faire since Suzy was there. I called the restaurant a few weeks before we left. I had a ton of choices, so I ordered yellow cake with white chocolate mousse filling and white butter cream frosting, with of course, Suzy Mouse on top! :flower:

Not only did the cake come out, but Suzy Mouse brought it out and "sang" Happy B-day to DD and placed a bejewelled H. B-day crown on DD's little curly head! :sunny: I cried it was such a wonderful thing. I'm not sure about the price of the cake $45 or so, but it was to feed 12-16, I think! :goodvibes

Hope that helps! :earsgirl:

I just love these boards but I keep getting all kinds of new ideas for ways to spend more money. We will be at Disney in December and my DH birthday is in early January, so I am thinking of surprising him with a cake. His birthday usually gets lost being so close to Christmas and all. He will be really surprised and the kids will just love it. DH loves cake also. Thanks to everyone for all of the great ideas. :flower:

I just have to say I have a little cousin named Hallie Anna and I think it is the cutest name.

scrappinmom said:
Which phone number did you call to get the cake & balloons delivered to the room? We're staying at POP do you think they can deliver it there as well????
Since we will be at the Poly concierge for her actual b-day I called them and asked about it. They are taking care of the cake reservations but said the 407-824-7091 was the number to call for special deserts or cakes! You can try that, although they did tell me there is a delivery charge(which I have no idea of how much that is). I would just call the number and see what can be done!

Susiev25 said:
Since we will be at the Poly concierge for her actual b-day I called them and asked about it. They are taking care of the cake reservations but said the 407-824-7091 was the number to call for special deserts or cakes! You can try that, although they did tell me there is a delivery charge(which I have no idea of how much that is). I would just call the number and see what can be done!

Thanks! I'll call & see :flower:

Well, I made it to page 4 and gave up on reading the whole thread :)
First - HOW RUDE!! If you have to ask,you can't afford it. Whatever. That isn't even a logical conclusion. Some of us just want to budget accordingly.

Second - we called CRT when we had a PS for DD's 4th birthday. I spoke with the chef, who said "what do you want -anything you want!". I requested a white cake with strawberry filling and whipped cream. At the end of the meal they brought it out - and OH MY GOSH - it was SOOO good. They had written on the top of it, in melted chocolate, so that it hardened to say "Happy Birthday Skylar"

DH and I almost cried - seeing the look on her face was priceless. :)

They quoted me something like $14, but they never charged me. :confused3

Love the cake pictures, would love to see more!

I need to order a cake for my daughter's birthday at LTT. We have an AR and told the CM it was for a birthday but they did not offer any info about a cake and my husband did not think to ask. Is there a general number for cakes and desserts or is there a specific number for each restaurant? If anyone has the number for LTT handy I would love it, otherwise I'll call the Dining line after the holiday. Is there a specific timeframe for ordering a cake? Thanks!

LOL, I'm seeing all these filled cakes and they sound delicious....my son is a Chocolate/Chocolate guy so I can't try any of the yummy fillings darn it.

Hi Everyone! I've been reading these boards for over a year but this is my first time posting so I guess I'm a posting newbie lol!

My family will be in the World 10/3 - 10/8 celebrating DD's 4th bday (they grow so fast). We'll hopefully be dining at CRT for breakfast on the morning of DD's bday. Has anyone ever ordered a cake during breakfast at CRT? We're also dining at LTT for dinner so I could get a cake there. I'm curious to find out if anyone has requested a cake at Le Cellier or 50s Prime Time?

Thank you in advance :wave:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter