Birnbaums Listing of BCV Prices Leaves Question Unanswered.

Shamus

CHARTER MEMBER - Disney Information Station Boards
Excuse me if this was mentioned before............Thought this was a little interesting.

In the past there have been a number of discussions regarding where the point schedule for the new "Beach Club Villas" would be in comparison to the existing WDW DVC Resorts. Well last night I got around to reading the Birnbaums WDW 2002 book I had purchased a few weeks ago. In it they listed the room rental prices for BCV Studio,1 and 2 Bedroom Units. What was interesting was that the prices are identical to those for BWV. My first thought was that if these prices were correct it would likely mean that the number of DVC points required would also be similar to BWV (Preferred View). Seems logical right......Well then I noticed that VWL prices are slightly lower then BCV and BWV. Since VWL points are equal to BWV (Preferred) I guess that leaves the question of where the BCV points will fall still unanswered.:confused:

Keep in mind that the Birnbaum's guidebook went to press a few months ago. The information there was outdated when you purchased it- to a great extent.

They are using estimates (note the "at press time" exclusions) based on information available at a point in time.

I would still expect that- even though cash rates may be similar to BWV/VWL- point rates may be higher for BCV than BWV- probably similar to VWL.

Stay tuned!

I am assuming that BCV will be slightly higher than WLV and BWV (preferred). How much, I'd guess around 10% roughly. I expected the prices to be in the $80-85 per point range but with all that has happened, I now wonder if the price increase is possible initially. I think it depends on the other sales.

As you note, VWL room rental prices have been since it was opened less than BWV but its point cost is the same as BWV preferred view. Thus, equal rental price does not necessarily equate with equal point cost. Point cost is likely more related to construction cost (and a profit above that) rather than expected rental cost, and the cost per square foot of BCV is undoubtedly higher than BWV simply because such costs are higher now than in 1996 when BWV was completed.

Originally posted by drusba
As you note, VWL room rental prices have been since it was opened less than BWV but its point cost is the same as BWV preferred view. Thus, equal rental price does not necessarily equate with equal point cost. Point cost is likely more related to construction cost (and a profit above that) rather than expected rental cost, and the cost per square foot of BCV is undoubtedly higher than BWV simply because such costs are higher now than in 1996 when BWV was completed.
That's exactly the reason I was given for WLV being the same points as BW preferred, for what it's worth.

facebook twitter