Bird Aviary at Discovery Cove

CarolJ

Mouseketeer
My daughter can't wait to go to the bird aviary at discovery cove. Upon reading different trip reports, however, someone posted that they were disappointed at the small size of the bird aviary. How big is it? My daughter is picturing a large dome filled with birds and I want her to have a realistic idea of what's it's really like. Thank you for any help!

It is not one big dome full of birds...it's actually several attached, fairly large rooms. The lazy river floats through it. Personally, I'm not a big fan of birds landing on me (and they do!), but when you're floating through in the lazy river they don't. It was VERY relaxing to float through and enjoy the landscaping and tropical birds flying around!

We just got back from our trip and we went to Discovery Cove last Tuesday. The aviary is 3 "rooms" they are not gigantic, but large enough. Each holds different types of birds. The river flows by the aviarys, but you have to exit the river and go thru 2 sets of doors to get into the aviarys. DS's loved it here, one bird even settled down on one DS's head as if it were its nest!

There are different feeding stations throughout the aviary. The guides give you a little cup full of whatever type of food matches the birds in that area. Both sons 14 and 17 were surprised but really enjoyed the birds landing on their arm to eat. There are also identification cards w/all the birds pictures on them. Some had wrist straps so you could use them but still keep your hands free for bird landings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter