Bill Cosby to do town hall meetings

The whole thing is just gross. I certainly hope people don't actually have any interest in going to his talks.
It's really amazing how quickly he's gone from looking so frail and sickly to walking tall and well enough for these speaking engagements. He's such a pos.

"Before we get started, can I interest any of the ladies in a beverage? No? Pudding pop?"
Speechless. How narcissistic can one man be? :sad2: :mad:

Good gravy, is the special guest speaker going to be Brock Turner?
Oh my. :crazy2:

Maybe if OJ gets his pardon, he could join in with some domestic violence safety tips.

I love all of you people!

Can't believe this crustbucket will be teaching seminars on how not to get caught for sexual assault, instead of DON'T SEXUALLY ASSAULT PEOPLE.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...bout-sexual-assault-and-the-law-spokesman-say

Wyatt: "To talk to young people. Because this is bigger than Bill Cosby. This issue can affect any young person, especially young athletes of today. And they need to know what they're facing when they're hanging out and partying, when they're doing certain things that they shouldn't be doing. And it also affects, you know, married men [laughs]."

Host: "Is it kind of a do-what-I-say-and-not-as-I-do situation?"

Wyatt: "Right."

Ebonee Benson, who has acted as a spokesperson for Cosby's wife, Camille, also appeared on the program and said part of the idea for the town halls is to discuss changing laws. "The statute of limitations for victims of sexual assault are being extended, so this is why people need to be educated on a brush against a shoulder; anything at this point can be considered sexual assault and it's a good thing to be educated about the laws."​

Or, like, maybe don't drug people and then stick your junk in their mouth. FFS.

The whole thing is just gross. I certainly hope people don't actually have any interest in going to his talks.
It's really amazing how quickly he's gone from looking so frail and sickly to walking tall and well enough for these speaking engagements. He's such a pos.

We need to temper our hopes for reality - there will be tons of folks jumping on these town halls. He still has so many supporters! Unbelievable.

Can't see how his PR team thinks this isn't a bad idea.

We need to temper our hopes for reality - there will be tons of folks jumping on these town halls. He still has so many supporters! Unbelievable.

I think it's pretty likely that his Pr team came up with this idea. From what I saw of him in the media over the past year, I think he's an old man who would prefer to stay out of the public eye.

I think it's pretty likely that his Pr team came up with this idea. From what I saw of him in the media over the past year, I think he's an old man who would prefer to stay out of the public eye.

No, that's my point. They (likely) came up with this... how can they NOT see the potential for more backfire?

ETA: meh. he may prefer that now. he had tours, Netflix deals, shows etc. canceled after the allegations really erupted, so after all this, I could see him wanting to slink back to irrelevance.

I think so too. He's going to be re-tried, and I suppose more accusers could come forward. This is likely an attempt to get some positive optics that can be presented in court. That could backfire in the form of protesters at the events.

It's not really surprising he has supporters or that anyone would think speaking engagements about how to not get accused of sexual assault are a good idea. Look at things like red pill. Being a despicable excuse for a person has become acceptable in certain circles.

Yep..same thing as when Charlie Sheen went on his 'winning' tour. People showed up in droves for it. They want to see famous/infamous people.

I saw on CNN that his PR team said they came up with the idea of a tour after hearing from churches who pushed the idea.

I think so too. He's going to be re-tried, and I suppose more accusers could come forward. This is likely an attempt to get some positive optics that can be presented in court. That could backfire in the form of protesters at the events.

Yeah, I'm sure it's an attempt at damage control. Terrible, terrible idea. He wants sympathy because he's old and going blind. And his wife is standing by him. I used to be a fan. I enjoyed his comedy and his tv show. I've lost all respect for him. SMH.

I don't think him making any public appearance is a good idea. I just can't believe that over all the years no one came forward to accuse him. Until it seems like one person started the bandwagon and everyone jumped on it.

I don't think him making any public appearance is a good idea. I just can't believe that over all the years no one came forward to accuse him. Until it seems like one person started the bandwagon and everyone jumped on it.
Because it has got to be scary to think you're alone confronting a popular loved fatherly figure. Nobody jumped on a bandwagon. They felt safety and supported in numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter