Bill Burke - Mousejunkies author, Disney fanatic, father and husband

Lowfalutin

Hedonist
My brother-in-law Bill Burke passed away earlier this week. He was only 54. He is best known in the Disney online community as the author of the Mousejunkies books. While he hadn't issued a follow-up book in some time, the MJ page on Facebook is a thriving community of fellow Junkies with the same passion as can be found here. He left a grieving wife and 19 year-old daughter, in addition to parents, sisters, his brother, in-laws and just countless friends. Anyone that ever met Bill became his friend. He was a really special guy, and we're all lost without him.

Speaking personally, I enjoyed several Disney trips with him - the most recent of which was this past May. We got in all of our shared favorites. A morning fishing trip on Bay Lake, hauling in a record (for us) number of bass in the shadow of the Contemporary, followed by a quick run over to MK for a Skipper Canteen ADR for lunch. 2 full Epcot days filled with all the stuff he loved. Truth be told, perhaps his favorite thing to do was a simple one - get up super early and take a hot coffee down to the Boardwalk and grab a bench and just sit and take in the sunrise. He had his final Disney trip just last month with his wife, his niece and her husband with their little girls, and also his best friends from Tampa.

He was just the best. A truly nice person who I guarantee you would have immediately considered a good friend after just the first few seconds of talking to him. The world needs more people like Bill.

I was so shocked to hear the horrible news. I still am. I am so sorry for the family. I'm really going to miss seeing pictures from his trips. I just ordered the 3rd edition of his book, already own editions 1 and 2. It's especially so hard to make sense when someone passes away so unexpectedly, no prior illness.

My brother-in-law Bill Burke passed away earlier this week. He was only 54. He is best known in the Disney online community as the author of the Mousejunkies books. While he hadn't issued a follow-up book in some time, the MJ page on Facebook is a thriving community of fellow Junkies with the same passion as can be found here. He left a grieving wife and 19 year-old daughter, in addition to parents, sisters, his brother, in-laws and just countless friends. Anyone that ever met Bill became his friend. He was a really special guy, and we're all lost without him.

Speaking personally, I enjoyed several Disney trips with him - the most recent of which was this past May. We got in all of our shared favorites. A morning fishing trip on Bay Lake, hauling in a record (for us) number of bass in the shadow of the Contemporary, followed by a quick run over to MK for a Skipper Canteen ADR for lunch. 2 full Epcot days filled with all the stuff he loved. Truth be told, perhaps his favorite thing to do was a simple one - get up super early and take a hot coffee down to the Boardwalk and grab a bench and just sit and take in the sunrise. He had his final Disney trip just last month with his wife, his niece and her husband with their little girls, and also his best friends from Tampa.

He was just the best. A truly nice person who I guarantee you would have immediately considered a good friend after just the first few seconds of talking to him. The world needs more people like Bill.
Very sorry to hear this, Lowfalutin, my condolences to you and all of Bill's family, friends and followers. I was not familiar with him but he sure sounds like a great guy.

I found myself smiling reading, and looking at Bill's obituary. He does indeed sound like a great guy.

Bill's obituary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter