Bike and Boat Plan ??

SteveS

Mouseketeer
I am considering the Bike and Boat plan on our upcomming trip. However I recently read somewhere that the age limit to take out on of the watercrafts is 16. Since I will be traveling with my 15 year granddaughter I would like to know if this is true and how strict is this policy. I know I have seen some pretty young kids out on the lake.

Thanks

For the little water sprites it is not that old. I believe it is 12. For the larger boats, you have to be older...16, 18 or 21??? Don't remember...but your granddaughter will be fine for the sprites!:D

$199 before tax....something like $219 w/tax. Have fun!

Per family...up to 5 people.:D

For the larger boats, you have to be older...16, 18 or 21???
There are larger boats that are a part of this plan? I presumed this only applied to the little sprites. What kind of larget boats do they have available? Can you drive the larger boats to other resorts to eat? I'm guessing that you probably can't ski. Still, cuising around Crescent lake in a larger boat with the family would be fun. Perhaps a nice picnic out on the water in front of MK or GF.

Sounds interesting. $199 is a heck of a deal if this is included. Hope this plan lasts.

We've done the plan at the Poly and GF. We've used pontoon boats and my DH took out a sailboat.

You can not dock at other marinas these days. But you can take a picnic with you. I hope it lasts, too. We love it!

If we take the sailboat out from WL and it tips over, is the water clean? I often wondered why we can swim at the beaches. I also worry about alligators in the water. Am I being paranoid?

I also worry about alligators in the water. Am I being paranoid?
Given that there is an aligator swimming in the canal at BCV, large turtles that could probably offer a pretty big bite, and a very long shoreline with plenty of Florida snakes about, I don't think your being paranoid. No sense taking unnecessary risks.

Pontoon boats sound like fun. Cruising around in front of the Magic kindom, circling discovery island, driving in front of GF and Poly, stopping somewhere for a picnic, that would be a nice non-park afternoon if the weather was mild.

From what I've read about it, you are asked to come back after an hour just in case someone is waiting for the boat.

I also hope that it's still there in June when we'll be at VWL. It will be a nice change of pace from the parks.

:D :D :D

can you tell me, can you stay at dvc and get the plan, where do I order it from, I spoke to cro and they knew nothing about it.can I stay at bwv and order it and what does it include, if I stay 12 days can I use it the whole time thank you for any help

Folks here earlier stated that the plan was good for your whole stay, so on a long trip like yours the plan would be a real deal. They said you could be staying at ANY Disney resort, you just have to select 1 marina that offers the plan and then stick with it -- Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Beach/Yacht were mentioned. You then have priveleges at that marina for the length of your stay.

The plan covers the length of your stay at a, or multiple, Disney resort. If you are staying at BCV for 5 days and then BWV for 5 days, your plan will cover all 10 days at the one marina that you choose in the beginning. You do not order ahead of time. I believe you go to the marina and sign up. It is run by the recreation department of the individual resort.

Where can I find details on the Bike and Boat Plan?

Thanks

JR

I thought the plan was only at Wilderness Lodge (but you could be staying anywhere)....is it available at other marinas as well?

We have used it at the Poly last March and October and at GF in December. Plan to use it again next month at the Poly. I've also read that it's offered at Y&B as well as WL. I wonder if the marina at FW doesn't offer it, too.

It has nothing to do with DVC. It is a resort option.

I checked with my husband and he has never been told to check back after an hour. Perhaps that depends on the CM or resort. In March we were there the week before Easter and our trip to the GF was 12/24-1/1. Obviously busy times and yet no one told him to check back. Who knows??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter