Biggest Loser Run/Walk

keahgirl8

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else doing one of these races? My 5K is in March and it is my first!

I had to go and google this and now I want to do one.:hyper:

It looks like so very much fun and I think would be very supportive to those of us just getting into running.

DH is going to take the computer away from me if I add anymore races. :badpc:I just talked him into a race in Canada in august.

I want to run them all. I don't have time for work anymore, I want to run them all.

indygirl99 said:
It looks like so very much fun and I think would be very supportive to those of us just getting into running.

That's what I thought! I am going to do some runDisney races, but I thought this would be a great one to start out on.

There is one coming to my hometown in August, and I am doing the half-marathon!! I am so excited!! This is the first time in my city's history that bling will be given out to everyone!! YAY! Normally, all the races around here only give things out to the top finishers, so I get some local bling for once ;)

It's actually turning out to be quite a big deal- I have 2 cousins coming in to town from the DC area to do this race with me, and my BFF fitness instructor at the Y is doing this too!

I think it's going to be a great event, I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

The only bummer, I usually do a 10K that weekend, I have done that 10K for several years but I don't think my body will be very happy with me if I do a half-marathon on Saturday and a 10K on Sunday- I know a lot of people are doing that for the DDD, but I don't think I can do that! LOL!! Oh well, this Biggest Loser half marathon may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for my hometown, so I am doing it :thumbsup2

freepixie said:
There is one coming to my hometown in August, and I am doing the half-marathon!! I am so excited!! This is the first time in my city's history that bling will be given out to everyone!! YAY! Normally, all the races around here only give things out to the top finishers, so I get some local bling for once ;)

It's actually turning out to be quite a big deal- I have 2 cousins coming in to town from the DC area to do this race with me, and my BFF fitness instructor at the Y is doing this too!

I think it's going to be a great event, I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

The only bummer, I usually do a 10K that weekend, I have done that 10K for several years but I don't think my body will be very happy with me if I do a half-marathon on Saturday and a 10K on Sunday- I know a lot of people are doing that for the DDD, but I don't think I can do that! LOL!! Oh well, this Biggest Loser half marathon may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for my hometown, so I am doing it :thumbsup2

That's great! Good for you!

I was going to, but our race involves running down a mountain and then riding a ski lift back up it. Not impressed. :sad2:

Tropical Wilds said:
I was going to, but our race involves running down a mountain and then riding a ski lift back up it. Not impressed. :sad2:

Oh dear. Yeah, different cities have different races. Ours is a 5K, thank goodness!

DH and I are doing the BL half in Jackson MS on April 6th. We are really looking forward to it.

My race is this weekend! I can't believe it is finally here! I am so excited!

Have fun this weekend. It is so addicting.

I am running a 10K this weekend complete with an Irish potato bar at the finish line.
Don't think Jillian would approve of the after race fuel. :lmao:

indygirl99 said:
Have fun this weekend. It is so addicting.

I am running a 10K this weekend complete with an Irish potato bar at the finish line.
Don't think Jillian would approve of the after race fuel. :lmao:

I can tell it would be. I am already thinking about my first half!

I can tell it would be. I am already thinking about my first half!

Tinker Bell :tink: :tink: :tink:

It was my first half and it is a great first one. Very supportive and who wouldn't love running through the parks? Come run it this next January with me.

indygirl99 said:
Tinker Bell :tink: :tink: :tink:

It was my first half and it is a great first one. Very supportive and who wouldn't love running through the parks? Come run it this next January with me.

I am definitely thinking about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter